Strawberry Shortcake Lasagna - a fun twist on the classic Spring dessert Strawberry Shortcake!
Sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile. I've been busy working the last 8 days in a row. It's been so busy at work from having an Easter buffet to making 650 sandwiches for a group of people. Finally got a couple days off here to make some yummy food. Strawberries are in Season now from late April through August. I love cutting a bunch of them up and throwing them on top of my protein waffles for breakfast in the morning. Strawberries are also good on top of vanilla ice cream. Throw them in a bowl with some sugar and let them macerate a bit. The berries will get really sweet.
This strawberry shortcake lasagna is so easy to make yet hard to resist. I didn't realize the vanilla wafers that I got at the store were mini wafers until I opened up the package. Oh well, I made it work. The regular size vanilla wafers would have worked better with this. Mix coolwhip, sugar, and vanilla together in a bowl. Then layer the dessert like you would a regular lasagna. So good and very Springy dessert to make!Print
Strawberry Shortcake Lasagna
- Yield: 15 1x
- 4 c. fat free cool whip
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ boxes reduced fat Nilla Wafers
- 1 lb. Strawberries, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer mix cool whip, powdered sugar and vanilla until well combined.
- Assemble lasagna: In a 9"-x-13” pan, spread a thin layer of cool whip.. Top with a layer of Nilla Wafers and spread a thick layer of cool whip on top. Top with a layer of strawberries. Repeat two times, ending with strawberries. Sprinkle with crushed Nilla Wafers.
- Refrigerate until Nilla Wafers are totally soft, 3 hours, or up to overnight.
- Sprinkle with more powdered sugar, then slice and serve.
- Cut into 15 equal pieces, serving size 1 piece.
myWW Blue 11, Purple 11, Green 11
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 12
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1
Whipping Cream will work but that will change the points.
Strawberry lasagna ... this is a new one for me :). I know that the weight watchers are amazing and that`s why I will give it a go. I will let you know how it goes.
Nicole Stapleton says
Any alternative to cool whip we don't have that here in Ireland xx