The next time you’re craving Chinese takeout, make this delicious Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry at home! Very easy and delicious.
If you’re looking for a super fast and easy take out recipe that is healthy try this Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry. My Mom and I enjoy going to Panda Express whenever our Chinese food cravings hits and their Beef and Broccoli is so good. This recipe is a lightened up version and is very similar to that of Panda Express. The whole entire recipe comes together in under 20 minutes if using Instant rice (which is what I used). That is faster than ordering take-out!
What is the best cut of beef for stir fry?
Packages of pre-cut beef strips, beef for stir-fry, are often available in the meat case. Most tender beef cuts, such as sirloin, tri-tip, ribeye, top loin, tenderloin, shoulder center, and shoulder petite tender, can be cut into strips for use in stir-fry recipes. You can also use shrimp or chicken if you want to make this recipe even lower in points.
What can be replaced for cornstarch?
Cornstarch can be replaced for flour if you are gluten intolerant and so can coconut flour. Arrowroot, potato starch, tapioca flour, and even instant mashed potato granules can be used as a substitute.
How do you tenderize meat?
There are all sorts of different methods to do this. You can beat the meat with a mallet. Marinade it in some type of acid or season it with salt.Print
Your favorite take-out dish Beef and Broccoli made into a Weight Watcher friendly meal!
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch, divided
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 3/4 pound(s) uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef, thinly sliced against the grain
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup(s) reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
- 5 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, florets (about a 12 oz bag)
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) low sodium soy sauce
- On a plate, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch and salt; add beef and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick wok or large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and stir-fry until lightly browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes; transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Add 1/2 cup broth to same pan; stir to loosen any bits on food on bottom of pan. Add broccoli; cover and cook, tossing occasionally and sprinkling with a tablespoon water if needed, until broccoli is almost crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Uncover pan and add ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes; stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- In a cup, stir together water, soy sauce, remaining 1/2 cup broth and remaining 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch until blended; stir into pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer; simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Return beef and accumulated juices to pan; toss to coat. Serve. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
myWW points: Blue Points: 4; Green Points: 4; Purple Points: 4
I am not affiliated with WW formerly known as Weight Watchers in any way. I am just a member who likes to create WW recipes and share them with everyone. Freestyle is the name of the current program of WW and smart points are calculated for the recipes. Some blogs list them as freestyle smart points and some list them as smart points. There is no difference between the 2.