It is so freaking hot out! I am tired of walking outside and my clothes start to stick to me after 2 or 3 minutes. Gross. I’m ready for Fall and pumpkin flavored everything to come up here in about a month and a half. Get ready for it people. You can tell when it’s pumpkin season on Pinterest. Pumpkin flavored everything is being pinned.
Bubble up recipes are pretty popular on this site especially my recipe for Bubble Up Pizza and Bubble Up Enchiladas. Chicken Pot Pie works wonderfully with this same concept. The biscuits rise up in the oven and “bubble up” as the casserole bakes. It’s super easy too. You just cut the biscuit into 4 equal pieces and place them on top of the casserole. The only scary part is waiting for the can of biscuits to pop open.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2½ cups of low sodium chicken stock
- ½ cup of 1% milk
- 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 to 3 cups of shredded chicken
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 1 can of 16.5 oz low fat buttermilk biscuits
- Melt butter in large stock pot. Add in all the vegetables and cook until the onions are transparent. Sprinkle some salt, pepper, and ¼ teaspoon of crushed red pepper on the vegetables. Cook for about 5-10 minutes. Add in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, and in chicken broth and stir until the mixture becomes thick. Mix in ½ cup of milk and add the chicken. Pour the chicken and vegetable mixture into a 9 X 13 in casserole and layer on the biscuits. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes