Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies – these cookies are made with a box cake mix and rolled into powdered sugar! The perfect cookie to make when you need to make something fast for the Holidays!
I’ve been busy baking up some Holiday treats. Right after Halloween, I wanted to start already.
I’m a fan of really easy recipes. These cookies are one of those recipes. The batter is cake mix and you just add some oil and 2 eggs. Use a really small ice cream scoop to shape the cookies into a round ball and role them in some powdered sugar. The powdered sugar gives them the crinkled look.
This won’t be last of the cookie recipes you will see on this blog. I plan on posting cookie recipes all December long!
This is not a Weight Watcher recipe
- 1 (18¼ ounce) box Red Velvet cake mix (Betty Crocker Super Moist suggested)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- confectioners' sugar or granulated sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir (by hand) dry cake mix, oil and eggs in a large bowl until dough forms.
- Dust hands with confectioners' sugar and shape dough into 1" balls.
- Roll balls in confectioners' sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is JUST SET.
- Remove from pans after a minute or so and cool on wire racks.