What are grinders? It’s just a fancy name for a sub sandwich. The term is used in different parts of the US and at different sandwich shops. Been seeing this grinder sandwich all over my For You page on Tiktok lately so let's make it!
There’s two steps to making this sandwich. First off there’s the salad part which has lettuce, red onions, and banana peppers. I’m pretty convinced the salad part could go on just about any type of sandwich imaginable or just about anything.
Then there’s the sandwich which you can pick and choose what types of meat and cheese go on top. For this I used provolone cheese, salami, and prosciutto. All these ingredients were purchased at Aldi btw, so if you’re looking for ways to cut back on money right now check out that grocery store.
I used my air fryer to get the bread all toasted and the cheese melted. Then I added the tomatoes and salad on top. This sandwich blew me away and
What Ingredients do I need for Grinder Salad Sandwich
In this section, you can find substitutes or suggestions for certain check here
Mayonnaise - Mayonnaise is the ultimate condiment for just about anything and there are different types of it. Only use the reduced-fat mayonnaise if you’re on a special diet of some sort.
Red Wine Vinegar - If you don’t have red wine vinegar sub white wine vinegar, sherry vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or even lemon juice
Garlic - freshly minced, can use garlic powder
Red Pepper Flakes - Watch how much you add cause this can get really spicy.
Banana Peppers are yellow peppers usually found in a jar near the condiments and dressings at the grocery stores. You will have to drain them for the recipe.
Red Onions or shallots - thinly sliced
Thinly Sliced Tomatoes
Cheddar, Provolone, or Swiss Cheese Slices
Good Artisian crusty bread with your type of favorite meats. I used provolone, salami, and prosciutto.
How to make Grinder Salad Sandwich
In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
In a larger bowl add the lettuce, drained banana peppers, and thinly sliced onions, Pour in the dressing and mix well to combine
Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
Place the cheese and meat on top of a hoagie bun or bread and place it in the air fryer. Air Fry for 4 to 6 minutes or until the bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.
Add the salad mix on top of the toasted sandwich and enjoy.
Tools Used for Grinder Salad Sandwich
- Here are some tools that will help you with the recipes. All links will open in Amazon. Yes I do get a small earning if purchase from the link
- Mixing Bowls
- Pyrex 3 Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set with 1, 1.5, 2.5 Quart Mixing Bowls for Kitchen, Baking, and Storage, Microwave
- Banana Peppers
- Pickerfresh Banana Peppers - Deli-sliced Pepper Rings - Medium Hot Deli Style Chili Pepper
Other Recipes To Try
If you like this recipe for Grinder Salad Sandwich let me know by leaving a comment below, uploading a picture to my Pinterest or tagging me on Instagram @recipediariesww
Let Me Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Are you in Pinterest? If so upload a recipe photo and share it with me. I love to see what you’re making
Are you on Instagram? Follow along and tag me @wwrecipediaries.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.Print
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- ½ cup banana peppers
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- Thinly sliced red onions
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- 4 hoagie buns or rolls
- 12 slices of Salami
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 4 to 8 slices of provolone cheese or any type of cheese you like!
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl add the shredded lettuce, drained banana peppers, and thinly sliced onions. Pour in the dressing and mix well to combine.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the cheese and meat on top of a hoagie bun or bread and place it in the air fryer. Air Fry for 4 to 6 minutes or until the bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.
- Add the salad mix on top of the toasted sandwich and enjoy.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Keywords: grinder salad sandwich