I wanted to wait until Monday to post this recipe because I plan on doing the Meatless Monday thang. Don’t worry, I’ll still be posting recipes with meat in them since my readers like meat. I’ve been trying to eat more plant based meals and this has quickly become one of my favorites. There was some good advice on a recent video that I watched, and they said to find at least 5 plant based recipes that you really love and just make those all the time and you’ll be set. Humans tend to eat the same thing for days because they love it so much. This stir fry recipe I could eat maybe 5 nights a week? If not for breakfast too?
This meal can easily be made in 5 minutes! Oh wait, the title says 10, I’m sorry. If you don’t like tofu use shrimp or chicken.
Vermacilli noodles cook fast. They are paper thin and rice can be substituted for this which I wish I would have made instead but oh well. Next time. It’s good to try something new.
In a really hot pan tofu takes less than 5 minutes to cook. You probably think tofu is weird and nasty because of the texture. Trust me, that’s what I thought too but I’m a person who isn’t afraid to try new food. This is in my opinion what truly makes someone a foodie. You have to be open to trying new foods. If you’re skeptical all the time and picky about certain food then you aren’t a foodie. Nuff said. I got the wrong kind of tofu and it was really really soft to work with. You can do all this and cook the tofu while the noodles are cooking. Since I’m cheap and lazy and like really quick and easy meals I found a bag of frozen stir fry veggies at Target. Keep these in your freezer! The bag was only $1.29. Talk about cheap!
The sauce was made of hoisin, soy sauce, minced ginger, garlic, and sriracha. All ingredients you can easily keep in your pantry. Enjoy!Print
10 Minute Veggie Stir Fry
- 1 bag of frozen stir fry vegetable mixed (any bag will do)
- 1 package of match rice sticks or vermaceilli noodles
- 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp of sriracha
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of minced ginger
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
- 1 package of firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Add noodles to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain noodles.
- While noodles are cooking prepare the tofu. Cook the tofu in a medium high skillet until they are brown on both sides. Set aside.
- Combine the hoisin, sriracha, garlic, ginger, and sauce in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of the sauce to the tofu.
- Add one tablespoon of oil to the hot skillet after the tofu has been removed and cook for 2 minutes or until the veggies are heated through. Add the tofu back in the pan and the rest of the sauce. Serve over noodles.