This post is in preparation for an upcoming post sometime in the next day or two here. Just wait until you see what I plan on doing with the leftovers tomorrow. 🙂
This creamy mac and cheese is only 9 WWP+ per serving! Instead of making a roux with butter, the flour is added to milk and whisked until the flour is dissolved. Then the milk gets poured into the remaining milk mixture and it thickens! Who needs butter when making mac and cheese? Some panko bread crumbs get toasted on top of the mac and cheese for a nice little crunch.
Some crunchy bacon on top would be good or some scallions. The bacon would be extra points of course.
If you haven’t noticed, I’ve been trying to post more Weight Watcher Recipes. Those seem to always do the best on this website. Desserts, not very well. Sometimes my sweet tooth goes a little crazy and I have to make some kind of decadent dessert.Print
Skinny Creamy Mac and Cheese
- 10 oz of medium sized shells
- 2 cups of 1% milk plus 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons of panko bread crumbs
- parsley for garnish
- In a medium sauce pan, boil the medium shells for 8-10 minutes until al dente.
- While the noodles are cooking let the 2 cups of milk come to a simmer in a medium sauce pan. Whisk the remaining 1/2 cup of milk and 1/4 cup of flour together in a bowl until the flour is combined. Add to the cups of milk that is simmering on the stove top. Let the milk and flour thicken for another 5 minutes. Add in salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Stir in the cheese until melted and combine the cheese with the noodles.
- Put the broiler on high and add noodles to some oven proof bowls such as ramekins. Sprinkle some panko over the top and let the panko brown in the oven.
Weight Watcher Points Plus: 9
Recipe adapted from Weight Watcher’s magazine.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 282
- Fat: 9.34
- Saturated Fat: 4.86
- Carbohydrates: 34.91
- Fiber: 1.6
- Protein: 13.72