Low carb pizza crust, can it be true?! And guess what? It isn’t made with stinkin cauliflower! Hooray! All you do is mix all the ingredients and spread out the dough onto a baking sheet. No having your house smell like stinky cauliflower, no draining cauliflower to get all the moisture out! Super easy. I’m not a cauliflower fan, so those low carb cauliflower pizza crust recipes don’t excite me at all. I know that’s what all the rage is right now, for making a low carb pizza crust. I’d rather have my pizza crust somewhat similar to actual pizza dough and this is really good. Top with your favorite meat, cheese, and vegetable toppings. There is only 5 carbs per slice. Does that convince you to try this now?
I am pretty excited because I got the new iPhone 6s. My old Lumia wasn’t charging anymore so I just decided to get a new phone upgrade. I love my new iPhone!! One of the first apps I downloaded was the c25k app for running. That app on the iPhone is so much better than it was on my Lumia. I can actually hear the person say start running and walk! My old phone the sound was so quiet I could hardly hear anything. What is your favorite app on your phone?Print
- 1 large Egg (Whole)
- 1/4 cup Tap Water
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- Whisk together the egg, water, and olive oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients: almond flour, parmesan cheese, and baking powder. Slowly incorporate the first bowl of ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Grease two sheets of parchment. Use the parchment paper to help you roll the dough out because it can be a little sticky. Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it out into a circular shape with a rolling pin. Take the top parchment paper off and lift the bottom parchment paper off onto a sheet pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp around the edges. Allow to cool about 20 minutes to form a crunchy crust. Top with toppings and place back in the oven or broiler for a few minutes to cook the toppings. Makes 8 slices.
Recipe slighlty adapted from Atkins
SmartPoints: 5 per slice
PointsPlus: 5 per slice
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: .85
- Fat: 14.6
- Saturated Fat: 2.25
- Carbohydrates: 4.8
- Fiber: 2.2
- Protein: 7.69