Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches – have these breakfast sandwiches ready in your freezer so all you have to do is pop them in the microwave and head out! 3 smart points each!
It’s been so long since I’ve had a breakfast sandwich. I used to go to Sam’s Club and buy the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches with sausage but they were around 7 to 8 smart points a sandwich. Breakfast Sandwiches are so good and you can put different kinds of protein on them like bacon and sausage. We had buttery croissants at work one day and so one of the guys made a breakfast sandwich with sausage, a slice of ham, bacon, cheese, and eggs. It was so delicious and probably super fattening. All I could taste was the salt but that breakfast sandwich filled me up. I’ve discovered ways to make breakfast sandwiches healthier and lighter and it’s simple to make them.
Use the liquid egg whites in the cartons. 3 tablespoons of that is only 25 calories and 0 smart points. Kraft makes Fat Free cheese slices for 0 smart points. Score! Canadian bacon is pretty low in points as well and one slice is 0 smart points. There are brands out there that make low calorie English muffins for 80 calories a piece but I have a hard time finding those in the stores, so I just use good old Thomas English muffins for 3 points. This whole entire breakfast sandwich comes to 170 calories and has 13 grams of protein per sandwich. Pretty awesome huh? All you have to do is pop them in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes in the morning and walk out the door.Print
Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches – 3 Smart Points
- 1 English Muffin
- 3 tablespoons of liquid egg whites
- 1 slice of Fat Free American Cheese
- 1 slice of Canadian bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray white ramekins with cooking spray and measure 3 tablespoons of liquid egg whites in each ramekin. Bake in the oven for 8 to 15 minutes or until the egg whites have cooked through.
- While the eggs are cooking cook the Candian bacon on medium heat in a pan until the bacon is brown on both sides.
- Make the sandwiches. Place egg, canadian bacon, and cheese on top of the bottom of an English muffin and cover with the top part of the English muffin. Wrap in saran wrap or parchment paper paper and place them in the freezer.
- In the morning when they are ready to cook, take them out of the freezer and place them in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Enjoy!
Smart Points per sandwich: 4
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 2
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Protein: 13