Sausage and egg breakfast bowls are a popular breakfast dish that typically includes scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, and other ingredients such as cheese, potatoes, vegetables, or salsa, all served in a bowl. The potatoes can be cooked in the air fryer which makes for an easy and healthy breakfast in under 10 minutes.
Awhile ago, I wrote a post for Country Breakfast Bowls and that wasn't very point friendly. 16 smart points to be exact! Now that eggs are zero points and I also have an air fryer, I've found a way to make this a little bit healthier and way less points.
Why You Will Love These Breakfast Bowls
These sausage and egg breakfast bowls come out to be 4 to 5 smart points depending on what type of cheeses you use.
To top off the crispy hash browns, cook some scrambled eggs in a pan with about an 1 oz of turkey sausage and top with cheese! My favorite cheese so far has been the
Tostitos medium con queso sauce. It's only 1 smart point for 2 tablespoons. This meal takes less than 10 minutes to make too and will be done by the time your hash browns get done cooking!
The Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls are 12 smart points compared to my version which is only 5! I've been eating this breakfast for the last 3 days now and just love it. Keeps me full after my gym work out until lunch. Just look at all that yummy cheese sauce on top.
- Southern Style Hash Browns (frozen) - Frozen shredded hash browns are a convenient and versatile ingredient for many recipes. They can be used as a base for breakfast dishes such as hash browns or as a side dish for lunch or dinner.
- Large eggs - The best type of eggs you can buy at the store are organic or free-range eggs, while others may prefer eggs from specific breeds of chickens
- Turkey Sausage Crumbles - or cooked bacon
- Tostitos Medium Con Queso Cheese Sauce - This is my favorite cheese sauce to add on top of the breakfast scramble.
- Try adding your favorite vegetables in the breakfast bowl.
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Breakfast Bowls
Step 1: Place 1 cup of the hash browns in your air fryer and cook them at 400 degrees for 11 minutes. If you don't have an air fryer follow the back of the package for instructions on how to cook them.
Step 2: While your hash browns are cooking, whisk two large eggs and bowl and add the 1 oz of turkey sausage. Cook them on medium-high heat inside a medium-sized pan.
Top the hash browns off with the eggs and 2 tablespoons of cheese sauce.
Tips for Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bowls
If you do not have an air fryer just follow the back of the bag for other cooking instructions for the country style hash browns.
Each recipe or food has a Smart Points value. This is calculated using calories, saturated fat, protein, and sugar. It is best to stay away from foods that are loaded with saturated fat and sugar on the plan because those foods are higher in points. When you register with Weight Watchers you are given a daily set of points to target based on your age, gender, height, and activity level. Think of it as an easier way to track your macros.
Some air fryers require preheating and some do not. Be sure to check your air fryer manual.
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food using the convection mechanism. It is a downsized version of the convection oven.
Other Breakfast Recipes To Try
If you tried this Breakfast Bowls with Sausage and Egg or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bowls - this yummy breakfast bowl has crispy hash browns, eggs, turkey sausage, and cheese and will keep you full all morning long!
- 1 cup of Southern Style Hash Browns (frozen)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 oz of Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- 2 tablespoons of Tostitos Medium Con Queso Cheese Sauce
- Place 1 cup of the hash browns in your air fryer and cook them at 400 degrees for 11 minutes. If you don't have an air fryer follow the back of the package for instructions on how to cook them.
- While your hash browns are cooking, whisk two large eggs and bowl and add the 1 oz of turkey sausage. Cook them on medium high heat inside a medium sized pan.
- Top the hash browns off with the eggs and 2 tablespoons of cheese sauce.
My WW Personal Points: 4 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 323
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 683mg
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 22
Keywords: sausage and egg breakfast bowls