5 smart points | 323 calories
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bowls – this yummy breakfast bowl has crispy hash browns, eggs, turkey sausage, and cheese and will keep you full all morning long!
Awhile ago, I wrote a post for Country Breakfast Bowls and that wasn’t very point friendly. 16 smart points to be exact! Now that eggs are zero points and I also have an air fryer, I’ve found a way to make this a little bit healthier and way less points. These sausage and egg breakfast bowls come out to be 4 to 5 smart points depending on what type of cheeses you use. To top off the crispy hash browns, cook some scrambled eggs in a pan with about an 1 oz of turkey sausage and top with cheese! My favorite cheese so far has been the Tostitos medium con queso sauce. It’s only 1 smart point for 2 tablespoons. This meal takes less than 10 minutes to make too and will be done by the time your hash browns get done cooking!
The Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls are 12 smart points compared to my version which is only 5! I’ve been eating this breakfast for the last 3 days now and just love it. Keeps me full after my gym work out until lunch. Just look at all that yummy cheese sauce on top.Print
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bowls
- 1 cup of Southern Style Hash Browns (frozen)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 oz of Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- 2 tablespoons of Tostitos Medium Con Queso Cheese Sauce
- Place 1 cup of the hash browns in your air fryer and cook them at 400 degrees for 11 minutes. If you don’t have an air fryer follow the back of the package for instructions on how to cook them.
- While your hash browns are cooking, whisk two large eggs and bowl and add the 1 oz of turkey sausage. Cook them on medium high heat inside a medium sized pan.
- Top the hash browns off with the eggs and 2 tablespoons of cheese sauce.
Makes 1 serving for 5 smart points.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 323
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 683mg
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 22