Have you heard of this recipe yet? Egg Roll in a bowl to me is a low carb version of egg rolls minus the egg roll wrapper and it is served in a bowl. Pretty simple and really easy. This is a pretty legit recipe for the inside of egg rolls and I think I might even use the rest of it to make real egg rolls in my air fryer tomorrow. I don’t have any egg roll wrappers right now and we are kind of in the middle of a snow storm. It’s snowed probably around 7 inches by now. All the schools are closed and it’s a snow day. Even some businesses are closed.
My first time making this recipe I used regular pork sausage but most authentic egg roll recipes call for ground pork. To make this recipe point friendly and 0 points, you could use some ground up shrimp or chicken which would still be super good. If you still want the taste of sausage use some lean turkey sausage. It’s really up to you to decide what type of protein you can add in this! All the rest of the ingredients in this are pretty much zero points.
Weight Watchers Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 4 1⁄2 cup(s)packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1⁄2cup(s)shredded carrot(s)
- 3 medium cooked scallion(s)
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 1 pound(s) uncooked ground chicken breast (can sub ground pork, turkey, or turkey sausage)
- Brown the sausage/meat in a medium non stick skillet until cooked all the way through and then add the ginger.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil.
- Add full bag of coleslaw, stir till coated with sauce
- Add 1/2 bag of shredded carrots, still till coated with sauce
- Add chopped scallions, mix thoroughly and cook on medium high heat until the cole slaw has reduced by half.
Smart Points: 1 (with chicken)
Smart Points: 1 (with shrimp)
Smart Points: 6 (with turkey sausage)
Servings: 4 to 6 depending on how you divide it.