Post updated on March 28th, 2019
Bubble up Chicken Pot Pie
Bubble Up Chicken Pot Pie is a variation of the recipe for Bubble Up Enchiladas or Bubble Up Pizza. Usually, the biscuits are placed on the bottom of the pan and then the rest of the ingredients go on top of the biscuits. The biscuits rise in the oven or “bubble up” as they are baking in the oven. It does really look like a lot of bubbles on the bottom of the pan if you just look at the biscuit layer.
I made this recipe back in 2015 and 2 Ingredient dough wasn’t popular back then but this can totally be made with that. 2 Ingredient dough is equal parts self-rising flour and plain Greek yogurt. 1 cup ratio. If you cut the biscuits into 8 pieces just spread those on top of the pot pie casserole. If you use 2ID instead of store bought biscuits the recipe comes down to 3 smart points per serving. 1 serving is about 1 cup.
If you plan on making it with 2ID dough instead make the dough first. My recipe for 2 ID can be found here. 2 Ingredient Dough
How to make Bubble Up Chicken Pot Pie
- Melt butter in large stock pot. Add in all the vegetables and cook until the onions are transparent. Sprinkle some salt, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper on the vegetables. Cook for about 5-10 minutes. Add in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, and in chicken broth and stir until the mixture becomes thick. Mix in 1/2 cup of milk and add the chicken. Pour the chicken and vegetable mixture into a 9 X 13 in casserole and layer on the biscuits. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup of yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups of low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of 1% milk
- 2 to 3 cups of shredded chicken
- 1 can of 16.5 oz low fat buttermilk biscuits
2 Ingredient Dough (optional)
- 1 cup of self rising flour
- 1 cup of plain Greek Yogurt
- Melt butter in large pot. Add in all the vegetables and cook until the onions are transparent. Sprinkle some salt, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper on the vegetables. Cook for about 5-10 minutes. Add in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, and in chicken broth and stir until the mixture becomes thick. Mix in 1/2 cup of milk and add the chicken.
- Pour the chicken and vegetable mixture into a 9 X 13 in casserole and layer on the biscuits. If you are making your own dough skip the biscuit part and go to step 3.
- Mix together 1 cup of self-rising flour and 1 cup of Greek yogurt together in a bowl. Dump out the dough and rest of the flour onto a work surface and form it into a ball. Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces and spread that on top of the pot pie mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes
- Divide the casserole into 8 equal servings. Serving Size: about 1 cup
myWW points: Blue 5; Green 5; Purple 5
Points are calculated with the WW recipe builder app and not using the nutrition info.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 11.18
- Fat: 9.5
- Saturated Fat: 3.49
- Carbohydrates: 41.56
- Fiber: 3.8
- Protein: 21.57