Buffalo Chicken Baked Ziti – layers of noodles, buffalo chicken goodness, and cheese!
Well it’s that time of year again. Hardly no sun and lots of clouds, which makes it hard to photograph. *sigh. It was cloudy everyday this week until now. At least it hasn’t snowed yet. There’s no chance of snow in the 2 week forecast according to weather.com. Yay!
I’ve been inspired by all those videos of overhead recipe shots you see on facebook lately and think to myself, I wonder how I could make that lighter? That is what I did with a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Baked Ziti. I adjusted the recipe to make it more Weight Watcher Friendly and since buffalo chicken is pretty popular on this site, you’re going to love this Buffalo Chicken Baked Ziti. The points I managed to get down to 8 per serving!
Buffalo Chicken Baked Ziti
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of light butter
- 6 oz of fat free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of Franks Original Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of ranch seasoning
- 4 oz of Rotisserie Chicken
- 5 cups of ziti noodles (or penne)
- 2 cups of fat free milk
- chives for garnish
- 1/2 cup of low fat colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Make sauce: In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and whisk to combine. Cook 1 minute. Add milk and whisk until combined and no clumps remain. Simmer until thickened, 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and break up with a wooden spoon until melted and combined. Add Frank’s and ranch seasoning and stir until combined.
- Add chicken, chives, and cooked ziti to skillet and stir until pasta is completely coated. Top with a layer of colby jack cheese and bake until melted and golden, 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and serve.
Smart Points: 8
Makes 8 servings (use 1 cup)
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 297
- Sugar: 7
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 43
- Protein: 22