According to this weeks menu plan Cheeseburger Pasta is what’s for dinner tonight!
Cheeseburger pasta is exactly what it sounds like. You’ve got everything that can go inside a buger; hamburger patty, ketchup, mustard, cheese, tomatoes, etc. Imagine that all mixed with some pasta instead. After eating cheeseburger pasta, I thought of all the possible burger toppings that could go in this as well like fried eggs, french fries, guacamole, etc…. French fries would be interesting. I blogged about my Humpty Dumpty Burger earlier last week, crack a couple of eggs on top and cover the pan while the cheese is melting until the eggs are cooked through. That would be really yummy!
I also liked how this recipe was made in one pot. It was almost like making a version of hamburger helper. Would definitely make this again and try out different burger topping!
How to make Cheeseburger Pasta Video
Cheeseburger pasta is exactly what it sounds like. Everything that goes on top of burger, but inside some pasta instead.
- Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef 95% FF
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes or sub 1 28 oz can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced sugar ketchup
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (Fat free)
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Spray a large stockpot or Dutch oven with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, ketchup, mustard, pasta and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with tomato and green onions, if desired.
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cups.
If you don’t want to use olive oil to cook the onions, use cooking spray. myWW points: Blue Points: 10; Green Points: 10 Purple Points: 10
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 427
- Sugar: 11.9
- Fat: 6.9
- Saturated Fat: 2.2
- Carbohydrates: 54
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 35.6