When life hands you apples you make a lot of applesauce and this recipe is completely sugar-free and 0 smart points! It can be made in the slow cooker or Instant Pot. One thing I like about the Instant Pot is that it has a slow cooker setting. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, no worries. Just cook it on low for 6 hours in a slow cooker.
In my backyard, when I moved into this house there was an apple tree. It had an abundance of apples on it and we ended up having to cut it down because it was dying. Two years ago, I planted an apple tree in my backyard. Sadly, I won’t be able to enjoy those apples one day but someone else will. I envy anyone that has an apple tree in their backyard!
This recipe makes about 4 servings of applesauce and the serving size is 1/2 cup. It can be easily doubled or tripled, if you want to make more applesauce. A lot of people want to know what the serving sizes are for my recipes and I apologize. When I first started posting WW recipes on this blog, I would just put the # of servings. I’ll try really hard to figure out the serving sizes for each recipe going forward and update old posts with them whenever I make that recipe again!
- 8 medium sized Honey Crisp Apples
- 3 orange peels from one orange
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp of allspice
- Peel and slice apples. Add apples to your Instant Pot or Slow Cooker and then add the cinnamon sticks, orange peels, and allspice on top of the apples.
- Instant Pot: Close the lid on your Instant Pot and set the steam valve to sealing. Then set the timer to 20 minutes. When the time is up do a quick release.
- Slow Cooker: Cook the apples for 6 hours on low. If you are using a slow cooker just place all the apples and spices and orange peels in your slow cooker.
- After the apples are done cooking, take out the orange peels and cinnamon sticks with a pair of tongs. Puree with an emersion blender or add the apples to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serving size: 1/2 cup.
WW points: Blue Points: 0; Green Points: 0; Purple Points: 0
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Keywords: homemade applesauce