Country Breakfast Bowl – a hearty breakfast bowl topped with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and melted cheese on top!
Ever eaten at Perkins before? They have this dish there called Country Breakfast Bowl. It’s got everything your heart loves about breakfast food. Eggs, Tator Tots, bacon, sausage, and to make it even more fattening they top it off with some gravy. Oh man, I could eat this every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Not to mention, their buttermilk pancakes there are pretty tasty. They make you pay at the counter, and they tempt you with all these yummy baked pastry goods. Everything is delicious.
This is my version of the Country Breakfast Bowl. I tried to make it super easy. You can bake the bacon in the oven a long with the tator tots depending on how many people you are making this for. I used tator tots, maple breakfast sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, and topped it with some cheddar cheese. A very filling breakfast to eat any time of the day!
Now off to the pool to burn some calories!Print
- 1/2 cup of frozen tator tots
- 2 maple sausage links, cooked
- 1 slice of bacon
- 2 large eggs, scrambled
- 1 tablespoon of colby jack cheese
- cracked pepper and scallions for garnish
- Cook tator tots on half a sheet pan at 425 degrees for 23-25 minutes.
- On that same sheet pan cook the bacon top of some parchment paper or tinfoil. You can cook these too at the same.
- While the bacon and tator tots are cooking, cook the sausage in a skillet until brown. Drain the grease and add the eggs and cook those until scrambled.
- When the bacon and tator tots are done cooking layer everything in a bowl. I started with the tator tots, then added the eggs, bacon, and breakfast sausage on top. Sprinkle with cheese and melt in the microwave until the cheese has melted.
This is 16 Smart Points per serving. Not really WW friendly lol
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 529
- Sugar: 4
- Fat: 33
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 33