Instead of making pizzas indoors this Summer make them on the grill instead. This Grilled Shrimp Scampi Pizza combines my favorite shrimp scampi dish and pizza together to make this epic pizza recipe.
This grilled shrimp scampi pizza is the bomb.com!
You can choose to grill it or bake it in the oven. If you're looking for something different to grill give pizza a try. The grill gives the pizza crust this nice little charred flavored. It's your typical shrimp scampi flavors: lot's of garlic, butter, olive oil, and shrimp. The bonus part is the crust and cheese. How can this be bad? If you're a fan of shrimp scampi you'll love this pizza!
Ingredients for Grilled Shrimp Scampi Pizza
- Flat bread (such as Joseph's Lavash Flatbread) - I really love Aldi's Specially Selected Naan bread
- Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Mozzarella cheese
- Garlic - Chopped save time and use the preminced garlic from the jars
- Butter - melted, always use unsalted to control the salt
- Olive oil - I like to use a good organic olive for my recipes such as the Simply Nature Olive Oil from Aldi.
- See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Grill Pizza:
Start off by grilling the flat bread. Cook on one side for 4 minutes or until you start to see bubbles forming on top of the dough. Flip the dough over and start adding on the toppings. If you'd like you can marinade the shrimp with garlic and olive oil and put them on a skewer.
Shrimp do not take very long to grill. Just about 2 to 4 minutes or until they start turning pink. Take the shrimp off the kabobs and place them on the dough. Add the melted butter and top with cheese.
How to Make Grilled Shrimp Scampi Pizza
Step 1: In a skillet, heat the butter and olive oil. When the butter has melted and bubbly, add the garlic. Wait for the garlic to start turning a golden brown color. Add the chicken stock and cook until the liquid has reduced in half.
Step 2: Add the shrimp and cook on each side until pink. Flip the shrimp and cook until the other side is pink.
Step 3: Layer the mozzarella cheese on top of the flatbread. Add the cooked shrimp and sauce .
Step 4: Grill on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the
Garnish with parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, and crushed red pepper if you like the heat. This is optional.
Recipe Tip: If you do not have a grill just heat up the oven in the air fryer or in an oven!
What to Serve with Shrimp Scampi Pizza
There are many options for what to serve with pizza. Some popular choices include:
- A simple green salad with a variety of vegetables and a tangy dressing can be a refreshing complement to a rich and savory pizza. I like to use store-bought bags of Ceasar salad they come together quick!
- Air Fryer Garlic bread is a classic pairing with pizza, and it's easy to make by spreading butter and garlic on a baguette or other type of bread and baking it until it's crispy.
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken wings are a tasty and satisfying option to serve with pizza. They can be baked, fried, or grilled and can be flavored with a variety of sauces.
- Dipping sauces like ranch, blue cheese, or basic marinara can add an extra layer of flavor to pizza.
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks are another option for dipping in sauces or eating alongside slices of pizza.
- Beverages like soda, beer, or wine can all be served with pizza. Choose a drink that complements the flavors of the pizza or opt for a non-alcoholic option like iced tea or lemonade.
Shrimp scampi sauce is made of garlic, butter, parmesan cheese, and freshly charped parsley. You can add it on top of almost anything!
Shrimp scampi is an a dish that comes from Italy from the city Genoa.
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever!
More Great Recipes to Try:
If you tried this Grilled Shrimp Scampi Flat Bread Pizza or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Grilled Shrimp Scampi Pizza - Instead of making pizzas indoors this Summer make them on the grill instead. I combined my favorite shrimp scampi dish and pizza together to make this epic pizza recipe.
- 1 8 inch flat bread (such as Joseph's Lavash Flatbread)
- 8 to 10 large jumbo shrimp, peeled and devine
- ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp of butter
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- ¼ cup of chicken stock
- Parmesan Cheese
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
In a skillet, heat the butter and olive oil. When the butter has melted and bubbly, add the garlic. Wait for the garlic to start turning a golden brown color. Add the chicken stock and cook until the liquid has reduced in half.
Add the shrimp and cook on each side until pink. Flip the shrimp and cook until the other side is pink.
Layer the mozzarella cheese on top of the flatbread. Add the cooked shrimp and sauce.
Grill on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted. The pizza does not take long to grill at all!
My WW Personal Points: 9 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
myWW points: Blue 7; Green 7; Purple 7
If you do not have a grill just heat up the oven in the air fryer or in an oven!
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 whole pizza
- Calories: 450
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 23
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Protein: 44
Keywords: Grilled Shrimp Scampi Flat Bread Pizza