Grilled Lemon Chicken
It is finally starting to feel like Spring here and I live in the Midwest. I’m happy when the temperature is above 30 and where I live we think that is considered warm. Some even wear shorts when it’s in the 30s but we are used to cold weather here. I fire up my grill when it starts getting to be in a steady 30-degree temperature area. When do you like to start using your grill? Do you use it all year long?
New to grilling?
I didn’t have a grill until last Summer and it was a gift from a friend for my birthday. I was so intimidated to use it. I mean, you have to change the propane tank and hook it up to the grill it’s self. You have to go to the store and switch out the propane tanks when the gas runs out. If you don’t turn off the propane tank there is a good chance that it might catch fire. Then there was learning how to start up the grill, but once you have all this stuff down it is pretty easy and simple. If you are new to grilling find a man to help you! That is how I learned how to use my grill. Grilling is fun and can be a great hobby to learn or start. Not only do I love my grill I also love my smoker.
Tips for perfect grilled chicken!
This weekend I grilled up some chicken. Grilled food just tastes so much better and chicken is pretty simple to grill. If you are new to grilling start with a basic chicken breast. Here are some of my tips for making grilled lemon chicken or any chicken breast in general.
- Set your temperature to medium high heat.
- Make sure all your chicken breasts are equal in size. If my chicken breasts are rather large, I’ll split them in half lengthwise down the middle. This is also called butterflying your chicken breast.
- Grill each breast anywhere from 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Have a small chicken breast to cut up and test whether it is done or not.
- Marinade your chicken before grilling. This marinade is a lemon and garlic flavor and is pretty bomb ass.
- To make a more WW friendly marinade use less oil and more liquid like chicken broth. Oil is what gives marinades so many points if you are following the WW diet.
How to make Grilled Lemon Chicken Breast
- Combine broth, vinegar, oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, and rosemary, in a large zip-close plastic bag. Add chicken, squeeze out air, and seal bag. If you don’t have any bags just leave it sit in a large enough bowl and cover it with Saran Wrap. Turn to coat and refrigerate at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Spray large ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Place chicken in pan and grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
If you do not have an outdoor grill there are all sorts of ways to make chicken. Use a grill pan, bake it in the oven, cook it in your air fryer, smoke the chicken. So many other options. You can cut up the chicken that you just cooked on the grill and have it in salads throughout the week, make a chicken sandwich with it (do not cut it into smaller pieces)
Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 10min
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
1/4 cup of reduced sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
2 tsp of grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons of garlic
2 tsp of fresh rosemary
4 small chicken breasts
- Combine broth, wine, oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, and rosemary, in a large zip-close plastic bag. Add chicken, squeeze out air, and seal bag. If you don’t have any bags just leave it sit in a large enough bowl and cover it with Saran Wrap. Turn to coat and refrigerate at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Spray large ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Place chicken in pan and grill, turning once, until cooked through. For each side grill 5 to 7 minutes.
- For an outdoor grill, start up your grill. I have an ignition dial and I have to push the start up button for that to get my grill to start. Then I set all my burners to medium-high heat and cook 5 to 7 minutes per side.
Smart Points: 2
- Serving Size: 1 breast