Peppermint Oreo Fluff is a spin on the popular dessert Oreo Fluff which is just a combination of Cool Whip, Oreos, and Instant Vanilla Pudding mix. Add some peppermint candies to it to change it up for the Holidays.
Oreo Fluff and Cranberry Fluff salad are two recipes that are pretty popular on this site. Since peppermint is in Season right now, it would make sense to combine the peppermint and oreo fluff. Oreo Fluff is already delicious on it's own and any flavor you add to it will just make it better. So, I tested this Oreo Fluff recipe with 2 different kinds of peppermint candies. Good old crushed-up candy canes and peppermint Andes mints. Both worked very well so if you prefer one or the other just pick one!
To crush candy canes add them to a freezer storage bag and mash them all with a meat mallet. Or ..... you can simply add them to a food processor and crush them until they're the right size.
What Ingredients do I need for Peppermint Oreo Fluff?
In this section, you can find substitutes or suggestions for certain check here
Cool Whip - A frozen whipped topping that is found in the freezer section of the grocery store. I like it a lot because I’m lazy and don’t like beating heavy cream to make whipped cream. 😉
Oreos - are a chocolate cream filled wafer cookie that comes in a variety of flavors. If you don’t know what these are by now, you’re living under a rock or some kind of cave. They come in a variety of flavors.
Instant Pudding Mix - I’m a semi-homemade cook and whenever I can use ingredients like this I love them. Just add in milk to the pudding. There are different sizes of pudding mix. The regular pudding mix are 3.4 oz and the sugar-free are 1oz. Both require the same amount of milk used.
Crushed peppermint candies
How to make Peppermint Oreo Fluff
- In a bowl fold the pudding mix into the cool whip. You do not need to make the pudding, you just need the powdered mix.
- Next, fold in the crushed Oreos and then the peppermint. Let the oreo fluff set in the fridge. It will be soft at first, but once it sets in the fridge it becomes thicker.
Tools Used for Peppermint Oreo Fluff
Here are some tools that will help will help you with the recipes. All links will open in Amazon. Yes I do get a small earning if purchase from the link
Pyrex 3 Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set with 1, 1.5, 2.5 Quart Mixing Bowls for Kitchen, Baking, and Storage, Microwave, Freezer, and Dishwasher Safe
Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding & Pie Filling, 3.4 ounce (96g) (3 Packs)
Other Recipes To Try
If you like this recipe for Peppermint Oreo Fluff let me know by leaving a comment below, uploading a picture to my Pinterest or tagging me on Instagram @recipediariesww
- 1 container of Cool Whip (reduced fat)
- 5 reduced fat oreos, crushed it will come out to about a ¼ cup
- 1 3.5 oz sugar free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons of crushed peppermint candy canes
- In a bowl fold the pudding mix into the cool whip. You do not need to make the pudding, you just need the powdered mix. Next, fold in the crushed oreos and then the peppermint. Let the oreo fluff set in the fridge. It will be soft at first, but once it sets in the fridge it becomes thicker.
1 to 2 tablespoons (that's pretty much all you need)
Nutrition info figured out using fatsecret.com
- Category: Easy
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 13.38
- Sodium: 212
- Fat: 2.2
- Saturated Fat: 1.39
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.24
- Carbohydrates: 22.7
- Fiber: .6
- Protein: .47
Keywords: peppermint oreo fluff