Say hello to your new favorite way to eat toast for breakfast! This Prosciutto and Egg toast is a quick and easy 3 ingredient breakfast you can throw together in under 5 minutes.
How to make the Perfect Fried Egg for Toast
One thing I've been trying to master lately is making a fried egg and I think I've nailed it. It took quite a bit of wasted eggs to get right before the yolk would turn bright yellow. There are 2 things you have to remember when making them. 1, You can't leave your eyes off the egg. Do not get up and go to the bathroom when you make these or else your yolk will get hard. Number 2 is to cook it on medium heat at around 5 if you have one of those number dials on your oven. If you have a clear lid that also helps as well. So here is how I make them. Fried eggs are an art form as you can see on Instagram.
- Get a nonstick skillet and set the oven to medium-high heat.
- Let your skillet warm up a little and spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray. Crack your egg into the pan.
- Let the outer white yolk cook for a bit until it becomes bubbly.
- If there is any runny clear yolk left around the orange yolk, pour a little bit of water into the pan to create steam and put a clear lid on top of the skillet. Your fried egg will be done once your white yolk is no longer clear.
- Your egg yolks will break and that is OK. Just start over again. 🙂
People think that in order to cook eggs you need a good amount of butter but this isn't true. If you add butter to a pan before cooking your eggs the eggs are no longer zero points. I like to use nonstick cooking spray to cook my eggs and keep them zero points.
Avocado toast is all the rage right now and still continues to be one of my favorite breakfasts. Breakfast and Dinner are my most favorite meals of the day and I have more dinner recipes than breakfast on this site. More breakfast recipes is something I plan on adding to this blog. I love toast for breakfast and this Prosciutto and Egg Toast almost reminded me of an open face Croque Madame sandwich. If you've never heard of those type of sandwiches before, they are simply a fried sandwich with egg, ham, and cheese. Feel free to add cheese to this but the points will not be the same.
More Great Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Grinder Salad Sandwich - Tiktok Recipe
- Zero Point Cabbage Soup
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- French Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pickle Chips
Please Let Me Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
I would love to see your creations on Pinterest. Upload them and leave a comment on my Pinterest page!
Are you on Instagram? Follow along and TAG US @recipediariesww.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.Print
Prosciutto and Egg Toast
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 10 min
- Yield: 1 toast 1x
Say hello to your new favorite way to eat toast for breakfast! This Prosciutto and Egg toast is a quick and easy 3 ingredient breakfast you can throw together in under 5 minutes
- 1 slice of whole grain such as 12 grain
- 1 egg
- 1 oz of Prosciutto
- Scallions (optional)
- Cracked Pepper
- Insert bread into a toaster.
- Cook your egg in a nonstick skillet. Read my post above to see how I cook my fried eggs.
- When your egg is done cooking lay 1 oz of prosciutto on your toast and then the fried egg. Garnish with some sliced scallions.
WW Freestyle Points: 6
Makes 1 serving
- Category: Easy
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 toast
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 2.6g
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 17.8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 17.9g
Keywords: egg toast
Tasty and easy for a quick lunch! Thank you!