This recipe is hands down my favorite Spaghetti meat sauce. My Mom used to make this for my brother and me all the time when we were kids and we just loved it. I remember the house smelling really good too and I knew it was spaghetti night. I finally asked her for the recipe a while back and now I can make it whenever I want. I have also tried this with lasagna before and it works very well.
Can you freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can. Use gallon size freezer bags and put the leftovers in there. It does make a lot too. When you are ready to use it again, take the bag out of the freezer and let it defrost. Then heat it up in a saucepan.
You can add this sauce to the of some garlic bread and have Italian Sloppy Joes, make lasagna with it, or just serve it over some spaghetti noodles.
Make sure to top it with some parmesan cheese!
The only Spaghetti Sauce!
- 1 pound Ground Beef or Pork Sausage (93%)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 12 oz can tomato paste
- 1 can 7oz can pitted ripe olives (optional)
- 1 envelope Italian Mushroom spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 bay leave crumbled.
- Chop onion and cook it in a skillet over medium-high heat until the onion is cooked through. About 5-7 minutes. Or you can add it in with the ground beef after that is done browning. This sauce cooks for an hour so the onions will get soft. Once the ground beef is done browning, add in the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low heat for an hour and serve over spaghetti noodles. Enjoy!
Weight Watcher Points Plus: 5
Smart Points: 3
Serving size is between 1/2 cup to 1 cup.
Noodles not included in nutrition info.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 11.7
- Carbohydrates: 12.7
- Fiber: 2.9
- Protein: 12.4