If you want to look like you’re a fancy pastry chef and spent hours making a dessert this Upside Pastry Hack will make you look like a pro. I saw these and immediately had to try them cause I love shortcuts like this. I don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen making puff pastry either!
I’m obsessed with this idea just like the cottage cheese trend going on right now and I want to try making all the different kinds and variations I’m seeing on there right now.
If you love cottage cheese please try my Viral Tiktok recipes check out Tiktok Ramen with Soy Sauce and Brown Sugar, Viral Cottage Cheese Ice Cream Recipe, and Tiktok Baked Oats.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
You can make all sorts of fun different variations using this puff pastry hack. Check out all the different kinds below.
Puff pastry is really easy to work with. Just let it come to room temperature before making this recipe.
Sliced Apples - you can also use sliced peaches or apricots
Puff Pastry Sheets - These sheets are usually found in the freezer section of the grocery store. If you can’t find puff pastry crescent roll dough is very similar.
Honey - brown sugar or white sugar can be used
Powdered sugar - for dusting on top of the pastries after they have come out of the oven.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Upside Pastries
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2: Place the sliced apples down a lined baking sheet and drizzle them with honey.
Step 3: Lay a square of puff pastry over the apples.
Step 4: Brush the puff pastry desserts with egg wash and place them on a rack in the middle of the oven.
Variations to Try
- Make a savory upside down pastry with sliced onions, salt, and balsamic vinegar.
- Lay down cheddar cheese, onions, pickles, and leftover pulled pork on top of the puff pastry.
- Place a slice of brie, salami, and apricot down on top of the puff pastry for a fancy cheese appetizer.
- Make an upside pineapple pastry by placing honey, cinnamon, and a sliced pineapple under a puff pastry. You might have to cut the puff pastry into circles in order for them to fit over the pineapple slices.
- Layer olive oil, tomato, and parmesan cheese. Spread an herby cheese mixture in the middle of the puff pastry sheet and place that down on top of the tomato.
Puff pastry is a light and flaky dough made from layers of butter. It is used in both savory and sweet dishes.
Puff pastry and crescent roll are made from a lot of the same ingredients but the process to make both of these ingredients is very different.
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container before putting it in the freezer or fridge.
This can be prepped the day ahead.
If you tried this Viral Upside Puff Pastry Hack or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Viral Upside Down Pastries
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 18-20min
- Total Time: 28 min
- Yield: 8 1x
Honey drizzled apples layered on top of some puff pastry sheets and drizzled with powdered sugar and cinnamon
- 2 Honey Crispy apples, sliced
- 1 package of Puff Pastry sheets
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- powdered sugar and cinnamon for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the sliced apples down a lined baking sheet and drizzle them with honey.
- Lay a square of puff pastry over the apples.
- Brush the puff pastry desserts with egg wash and place them on a rack in the middle of the oven.
If you want to make these in an air fryer set the temperature to 350 degrees and air fry for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: upside down pastries hack
Leave a Reply