When I worked at Nokia looking at road maps all day (best job ever), we would have treat day once a week. It was a group of people who took turns bringing in treats for everyone and the group was rather small. About 7 to 10 people. A lot of times bacon was included in the treat somehow because everybody was obsessed with bacon. I remember this one particular guy would always bring this Veggie Ranch Pizza and I finally found a recipe that is very similar to what he brought. This veggie ranch pizza is served cold and the sauce is also cold. Makes it really easy to take to any kind of treat day, potluck, or family picnic. Also great and easy to make for lunch.
The veggies on top of it are broccoli, red pepper and green onions. I like eating bell peppers cold. Don’t really care for them too much when they are heated up. On this pizza they are delicious. Feel free to add some bacon on top. Would add more points of course.
Anyone on here playing Pokemon Go? I downloaded it to see what all the hype was and it is super fun actually. There is a Pokestop right next to my work place and I will go there on my 15 minute breaks and look for PokeMon. I’ll only go to places that have a wifi because I don’t really feel like paying an arm and a leg for my phone bill the next couple of months, and I don’t want to walk off a cliff. 🙂
- 2 8 ounces (226g) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 ounce/28g) package powdered Ranch dressing mix
- 2 (8 ounces/226g) cans reduced-fat Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup (91g) fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup (175g) fresh red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1½ cups (120g) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cream cheese, and Ranch dressing mix in a large bowl. With an electric mixer, beat on medium until smooth and creamy. Set aside. You can soften cream cheese in microwave so that it's easier to mix with the ranch.
- Remove crescent rolls from the cans and roll out in one big piece onto a large, greased cookie sheet. Pinch seams together, if needed. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto cooled crust. Top with cheese and veggies.
- Use a pizza cutter or large knife to cut into squares. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator in airtight container for up to 3 or 4 days.
Recipe from Mom Loves Baking