Cheeseburger Soup is my new favorite soup! Your house will smell amazing and this soup tastes amazing. Who wouldn’t like creamy cheesy soup with your favorite cheeseburger fixings on top? I’m pretty positive you won’t even miss the bun! Burgers are one of my favorite foods to eat in the Summertime and now that it is starting to transition over to Fall, this is the perfect alternative to a cheeseburger.
The weather is starting to get cooler here. It’s that time of year when you have to dress in layers in the morning to stay warm and take the extra layers off in the afternoon. Lately, I’ve been craving soup or chili. There’s a lot of soup recipes on this site and if you’re trying to find more of them use the search bar located in the sidebar. On a desktop that is on the right-hand side of this page, but if you are using your phone, that is located towards the bottom of this page.
This recipe works well with a Slow Cooker or Instant Pot. The instructions for the slow cooker are listed in the recipe. I have this debate with myself on whether or not to get rid of my slow cooker since the IP has a slow cooker setting, but people still love slow cookers so that is why I keep that. For Instant Pot use the soup setting. Saute the ground beef on Saute mode first and then after the soup is done cooking add in the cheese, milk, and cornstarch mixture.
- 1/2 pound of ground beef 93% fat-free *see notes*
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 large russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 5 oz milk 1%
- 1 cups of cubed Velveeta cheese or sharp grated cheddar cheese
- 1.5 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1.5 Tbsp water
- Diced pickles, tomatoes, lettuce for garnish
- Cook the ground beef in a medium non stick skillet and drain any extra fat.
- While the ground beef is cooking chop your vegetables. Potatoes, onions, carrots, and celery.
- Add the cooked ground beef, vegetables, salt, pepper, parsley, and basil to a crock pot. Pour in the chicken stock and let that simmer on low for 6 hrs.
- Mix together the water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add that to the slow cooker a long with the cheese and milk. Cover and cook on low for another 30 minutes.
- Enjoy with hamburger toppings or whatever you’d put on top of your hamburger.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
myWW points Blue Points: 5; Green Points: 7; Purple Points: 5
Can sub ground turkey for lower points.
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 19