Sugar Free Caramel Rolls – made with 2 ingredient dough!
I’ve been experimenting with the 2 ingredient dough so much lately. The grocery store by me has probably wondered why they started running out of non fat greek yogurt so quickly. I went to the grocery store after my gym class this morning and bought 2 more large containers. This dough is so versatile. You can literally make anything with it. Pizza, calzones, breadsticks, use it as a crust for some chicken pot pie, biscuits, you name it! I wanted to make something sweet with this dough and lately I’ve been wanting cinnamon rolls. Believe it not, but these cinnamon rolls came out to be only 2 smart points (for 1). There are probably ways to make these even 1 smart point but if you add the caramel sauce that makes them to be 2 smart points. Find whatever topping you like for your cinnamon rolls, me, I just love caramel cinnamon rolls!
Normally, I don’t cook with sugar substitutes but sugar has so many points for it. There’s certain sugar substitutes that I don’t like that leave weird aftertastes in my mouth and Stevia is one those. The only one I’ve come close to liking is Erythritol. It’s a sugar alcohol substitute and I believe Halo Top Ice Cream uses it in their products as well. I mixed 2 tablespoons of that with some cinnamon and spread that over the dough after I spritzed it with some butter spray. Then I rolled the dough up and cut it into 8 equal pieces and topped it with some sugar free caramel sauce. These cinnamon rolls are only 2 smart points per serving. Watch the video below to see how I made them.
Caramel Cinnamon Rolls – Sugar Free
- 1 cup of self rising flour
- 1 cup of non fat greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of Erythritol (sugar substitute)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar Free caramel sauce
- 15 sprays of butter spray
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour and greek yogurt inside a mixing bowl and blend until ingredients have formed.
- *if your dough still feels a little sticky, sprinkle flour onto dough until it feels solid and easy to separate.
- Next, coat the cutting board with flour and lay the dough out on the cutting board. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to form a rectangular shape.
- Spritz the dough 15 times with butter spray.
- Sprinkle the dough with cinnamon and sugar
- Roll the dough up so you have a long tube.
- Cut the dough evenly into 8 equal pieces. Place the cinnamon rolls into an 8 inch cake pan and bake in the oven at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes. Take them out of the pan and pour 2 tablespoons of the sugar free caramel sauce over the cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!
Smart Points: 1
- Serving Size: 1 cinnamon roll
- Calories: 64
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 208
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 1