This Turkey, Corn, and Black Bean chili is simply divine. I like to play around with the spices in my chili. Usually, it’s a combo of 2 tablespoons of chili powder, 1 tsp of cumin, and some cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes. The addition of canned chipotle peppers in this is wonderful and I will be adding some every time I make chili now! Top this with some reduced fat cheddar cheese, sour cream or cilantro. That would be additional points of course, one serving of this chili is only 5 points.
This recipe has been recently updated on 2/16/2020. One of the ingredients in the recipe was a bag of frozen black beans and corn. Some people can’t seem to find that item in the grocery store. If you can not find this item, please sub 15 oz cans of black bean and corn.
I’ve mentioned before that I am going back to school for web design. This site runs on wordpress and I’d just LOVE to be able to come up with my own wordpress foodie theme. Maybe even to sell on the interwebs one day too. Spent about 3 or so hours today just watching video tutorials on how to make them and so far it’s been really fun learning how to make my own theme! It also helped to take an online class on PHP too, since this page runs on that. If you own a wordpress theme blog, you’ve probably seen the code beforePrint
- 1 pound of ground turkey (99% fat-free)
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can of corn, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 28 ounce can low sodium diced tomatoes (I used crushed)
- 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fat free cheddar (optional)
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add turkey; cook 8 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in corn and black beans; cook 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup water and next 5 ingredients stirring until thick. ladle chili into bowls; top with ciilantro and green onions if desired.
- Serves 6. Serving Size: 1 cup
myWW Blue 0; Green 5; Purple 0
Points are calculated with the WW recipe builder app and not using the nutrition info.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Chili
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 4.24
- Sodium: 489
- Fat: 10.55
- Saturated Fat: 2.59
- Carbohydrates: 14.09
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 23.56