When I saw this recipe trending on Tiktok I knew I had to try it immediately! That’s how social media gets you! @FeelGoodFoodie shared the recipe video and it received over 4 mil views and now all I see on my For You Page are people making this pasta. The original recipe was posted back in 2019 by LIEMESSA.
Seasoned tomatoes and feta cheese get baked in the oven to create this lovely sauce and then pasta gets tossed in with it. You have to try this super trendy pasta recipe out!
It’s so easy to make that all the blocked feta cheese is sold out and hard to find. I couldn’t find ANY blocked feta cheese at any of the grocery stores I regularly shop at in ND. The blocked feta is even sold out in Findland and probably soon will be all over the US. If you can’t find blocked feta cheese don’t worry, because you can do this with crumbled feta cheese as well.
How to Make Baked Feta Pasta
For the rest of the recipe please see the recipe card below!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Add cherry tomatoes to a casserole dish.
Place the block of feta cheese or crumbled feta in the center of the casserole dish. Drizzle olive oil over the cherry tomatoes and feta cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the tomatoes and feta in the oven for 40 minutes.
While the tomatoes and feta cheese are cooking in the oven, boil the noodles and set aside.
Take the casserole dish out of the oven and immediately start to mash the cherry tomatoes and cheese together in the dish. Stir in cream, parmesan cheese, basil, garlic, and then the cooked pasta. Continue stirring until everything is incorporated. Enjoy!
Tomatoes – The tomatoes can be cut in half, left whole, or quartered. The end results will still taste the same no matter what you decide to do. If you are using a larger tomato like a Roma or beefsteak tomatoes then cut them in half or quarter so that the cooking time remains the same. Don’t like tomatoes? Use other vegetables.
Feta Cheese -Blocked feta or crumbled feta cheese can be used. I’ve seen people use ricotta, goat cheese, or cream cheese.
Olive Oil – The original Tiktok recipe calls for 1/2 cup of oil but that is also a lot of points if you are following the Weight Watcher plan and if you are new here to this blog that is what I write recipes for. I used only 2 tablespoons to help lower the fat content and points for this recipe.
Freshly Chopped Basil, Garlic, Salt, and Pepper for seasonings
Cream – If your sauce doesn’t come out as creamy as you like it to be add in some heavy cream. This is OPTIONAL. Some chicken stock or reserved pasta water will also work.
Parmesan Cheese – for sprinkling
Other Recipes to Try
Blueberry Cheesecake If you’ve tried this Baked Feta Pasta or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to share on Pinterest or Instagram! Make sure to tag me in the photo.Print
- 1 Pint of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 8oz block of Feta Cheese or Crumbled Feta
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 8 oz of cooked Pasta (I used Cavatapi)
- ½ cup of Heavy Cream (optional, see the section titled ingredients above)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cherry tomatoes to a casserole dish.
- Place the block of feta cheese in the center of the casserole dish. Drizzle olive oil over the cherry tomatoes and feta cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the tomatoes and feta in the oven for 40 minutes.
- While the tomatoes and feta cheese are cooking in the oven, boil the noodles and set aside.
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven and immediately start to mash the cherry tomatoes and cheese together in the dish. Stir in cream (optional), parmesan cheese, basil, garlic, and then the pasta. Continue stirring until everything is incorporated. Enjoy!
myWW blue: 10; green 10; purple 10 (points without heavy cream)
WW points are calculated using the recipe builder and not the nutrition info calculator
Serving size: 1 to 1 1 1/2 cups
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 366
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: baked feta pasta