This crispy chicken cobb salad is one of my favorite salads for lunch and here’s why. It is loaded with cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, eggs, and crispy chicken strips. For the dressing, I like to use either Catalina or Ranch dressing.
I use my air fryer to make the hard boiled eggs and to cook the chicken strips. I posted this recipe back in 2015 and back then air fryers weren’t really popular at the time and now it seems like everyone is using them! I get Tyson Crispy Chicken strips and place 3 ounces of that in my air fryer basket and cook them for 12 minutes. If you do not have an air fryer just follow the back of the bag for the instructions on how to cook the chicken strips. I listed other ideas for toppings below and sometimes I'll leave out the eggs or add in avoacdos.
How to make Crispy Chicken Cobb Salad
Place about 6 eggs in the air fryer basket and cook them at 250 for 16 minutes. Take the eggs out and place them in an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Do this step first before you cook the chicken because the eggs take longer to cook. If you don’t have an air fryer just use whatever method you use to make hard boiled eggs. Peel the eggs and dice them. Set aside.
Place 3 oz of frozen chicken breasts in the air fryer basket and cook the chicken breast for 12 minutes at 350.
While the chicken is cooking slice the cucumbers and cherry tomatoes
To make the salad place 2 cups of lettuce, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, eggs, cheese, and chopped chicken on top of the lettuce.
I like to serve my salad with Catalina or Ranch dressing on top. I typically don’t count dressings for points and that is just what works for me.
Other options for salad ingredients
- Black Beans
- Feta Cheese
Other Recipes to Try
If you’ve tried this Crispy Chicken Cobb Salad or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to Pinterest.Print
- 3 oz of cooked chicken strips (I like Tyson)
- 1 hard boiled
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 to 3 green onions
- ½ cup of cucumbers
- 2 cups of lettuce
- 2 tablespoons of reduced fat cheese
- Ranch Dressing or Catalina Dressing
- Place 3 oz of frozen chicken breast strips in the air fryer basket and cook the chicken breast for 12 minutes at 350.
- While the chicken is cooking slice the cucumbers and cherry tomatoes.
- To make the salad place 2 cups of lettuce, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, hard boild eggs, (optional) cheese, and chopped chicken on top of the lettuce.
- The the salad with Catalina or Ranch dressing on top. I typically don’t count dressings for points and that is just what works for me.
myWW points: Blue 8; Green10; Purple 8
- Category: Salad
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 536
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 36
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 15
- Trans Fat: o
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Fiber: 13
- Protein: 29