Fat Head Pizza Crust is going to be your new favorite way to make low carb pizza crust! No more vegetables like cauliflower or broccoli!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Have you ever tried making the cauliflower pizza crust before? I'm sorry but cauliflower doesn't deserve to be in a pizza crust and I'm tired of people making people think that it tastes like crust. It doesn't. That's why this Fat Head Recipe is so much better.
Guys, you are going to love this pizza crust! Fat Head Pizza crust is 4 simple ingredients all of which are low carb. The crust ingredients are eggs, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and almond flour.
This pizza dough is great for both a low carb diet and keto diet! It is also gluten-free.
The dough is fun and easy to make but kind of sticky to work with! I like to use parchment paper when rolling the dough out. I'll put a layer of parchment paper over the dough and then use a rolling pin to spread out the dough. Makes life much easier!
- Shredded mozzarella - Reduced-Fat Cheese has a lower calorie count and less saturated fat than regular cheese, but it may also have a different taste and texture. It also helps with keeping the calorie count pretty low for this recipe.
- Cream cheese - cubed and softened
- Almond flour - Almond flour is my favorite low carb flour to work with because I like the nutty flavor it has. It's kind of expensive, but well worth it in my opinion. I was pretty impressed. It beats any veggie pizza crust out there and I am not a fan of cauliflower. 🙂
- Egg - 1 large
- Seasonings to try: garlic powder, onion powder, and mixed herbs for seasoning *see notes
- See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Makes 8 servings. Slice like you would a regular pizza. Thanks. FYI.
How to Make Fat Head Pizza Crust
Step 1: Put Mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium bowl microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 min, stir and then another 30 sec, stir.
Step 2: Stir in egg and almond flour until the dough is combined.
Step 3: Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet or pizza pan. Wet hands and spread the dough thin on parchment paper. It should spread evenly with dough-like consistency.
Step 4: Preheat an oven to 425 degrees and bake for 8 minutes.
Note: It is best to prebake this crust a little to help it out in the cooking process before adding any extra toppings on it.
After 8 minutes check the crust and poke holes if there are bubbles.
What Can You Make with Fat Head Dough?
This pizza dough can be used in place of any high carb pizza crust to help with the calorie count.
You can make so many different things with this Fat Head Pizza Crust. Pizza rolls, crackers, garlic bread, you name it!
I'm getting many questions about the nutrition info listed below. Please note, that I am not a certified nutritionist.
Cook several crusts ahead of time and freeze them. Do not add sauce or toppings. Then stack them in the freezer with parchment paper between the crusts. Pull one out whenever you want to use them and add the toppings.
Yes, you can! Use ⅓ cup of coconut flour instead of almond flour.
There are only 2 g of carbs per serving and 1 net carb with this dough. If you calculate the calories in whatever calorie counter you use and find it wrong, please use your best judgment. Nutrition info will also vary depending on what brand you use. I use myfitnesspal to calculate the calories.
Other Recipes To Try
If you tried this Fat Head Pizza Dough or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Fat Head Pizza Crust - this is going to be your new favorite way to make low carb pizza crust! No more vegetables like cauliflower or broccoli!
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese, cubed
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- garlic powder, onion powder, and mixed herbs for seasoning *see notes
- Put Mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 min, stir and then another 30 sec, stir.
- Stir in egg and almond flour until the dough is combined.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet or pizza pan. Wet hands and spread the dough thin on parchment paper. It should spread evenly with dough-like consistency.
- Poke rows of holes with a fork to avoid bubbles.
- Put in 425-degree oven
- After 8 minutes check the crust and poke holes if there are bubbles.
- Add desired pizza toppings.
- Continue cooking for a total of 12 to 14 minutes or until slightly brown and golden.
Divide the pizza into 8 equal slices. Serving size 1 slice.
Nutrition info will vary depending on what brands you enter for the ingredients.
*Adding extra seasonings is optional. I'd suggest making the dough plain first. You can use equal parts of garlic and onion powder.
Smart Points: 5 (freestyle)
Can sub ¼ cup of coconut flour instead of ¾ cup of almond flour
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 346mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: fat head pizza crust