Update: July 22, 2018
I’m getting many questions about the nutrition info listed below. Please note, that I am not a certified nutritionist and if you calculate the calories in whatever calorie counter you use and find it wrong, please use your best judgment. This is what I used in myfitnesspal. I’m sorry for people not getting exactly what the calories are listed below and I wish I could see your screen and to see what you are doing. Makes 8 servings. Slice like you would a regular pizza. Thanks. FYI.
How to Make Fat Head Pizza Crust – Watch Video!
Fat Head Pizza Crust – this is going to be your new favorite way to make low carb pizza crust! No more vegetables like cauliflower or broccoli!
Guys, you are going to love this pizza crust. Fat Head Pizza crust is 4 simple ingredients all of which are low carb. They are eggs, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and almond flour. Almond flour is my favorite low carb flour to work with because I like the nutty flavor it has. It’s kind of expensive, but well worth it in my opinion. I wish they had bigger bags of almond flour at the grocery store. All I can find are small ones. The first time I tried Fat Head Pizza crust, I was pretty impressed. It beats any veggie pizza crust out there!
You can make so many different things with this Fat Head Pizza Crust. Pizza rolls, crackers, garlic bread, you name it!
The dough is kind of sticky to work. I like to use parchment paper when rolling the dough out. I’ll put a layer of parchment paper over the dough and then use a rolling pin to spread out the dough. Makes life much easier!
Fat Head Pizza Crust
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese, cubed
- 1 egg
- garlic powder, onion powder, and mixed herbs for seasoning *see notes
- Put Mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium bowl
- Microwave for 1 min, stir and then another 30 sec, stir
- Stir in egg and almond flour
- Wet hands and spread “dough” thin on parchment paper. It should spread evenly with dough-like consistency.
- Poke rows of holes with a fork to avoid bubbles.
- Put in 425-degree oven
- After 8 minutes check the crust and poke holes if there are bubbles.
- Add desired pizza toppings.
- Continue cooking for a total of 12 to 14 minutes or until slightly brown and golden.
Divide into 8 equal slices serving size is 1 slice.
*Adding extra seasonings is optional. I’d suggest making the dough plain first. You can use equal parts of garlic and onion powder.
Smart Points: 5
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 9