These air fryer pizza bombs take less than 20 minutes to make and they are great for afternoon snack when the kids come home. Even adults will love dipping these pizza bombs in marinara sauce.
If you didn't know this, February 9th is considered National Pizza Day! I wanted to celebrate by making these Pizza Bombs with Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough. It was either that, or ordering out for pizza and I had everything in the fridge to make these.
So, I recently changed this recipe. Both of these doughs will work but the previous one called for Greek Yogurt which is made of Whole Milk. I can't eat a lot of whole milk anymore because of how it upsets my stomach, so I switched this to crescent roll dough.
If you're not lactose intolerant go ahead and make the recipe for 2 Ingredient Dough Weight Watchers recipe. Low moisture or low lactose cheeses are ok for me to eat.
The air fryer is one of my favorite kitchen appliances. Check out some of these recipes! Air Fryer Chimichangas, Air Fryer Garlic Bread, Air Fryer Fish and Chips, Air Fryer Lamb Chops with Garlic and Rosemary, and Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli.
Why You Will Love this Recipe
These pizza bombs are very weight watcher friendly now that dough exists! Using the 2ID you can make up to 12 pizza bombs. The total smart points for 1 pizza bomb is 2 points. This is when you use the 2 Ingredient recipe.
You can dip these bombs in marinara sauce, ranch, cheese sauce, the sky is the limit because there is endless choices of sauces to use out there.
All these ingredients I purchased from Aldi (it's one of my favorite grocery stores) even the Crescent roll dough.
They can be made in your air fryer or oven. I suggest making these in the air fryer!
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Dough - Or Refrigerated Canned biscuit dough.
- Turkey pepperoni - is lower in calories in fat than regular pepperoni
- Reduced Fat Light String Cheese - has a lower calorie count and less saturated fat than regular cheese, but it may also have a different taste and texture. It also helps with keeping the calorie count pretty low for this recipe.
- Light butter - I use light butter such as I Can't Believe IT's Not Butter to help lower the calories. It's easily scoopable and comes in a tub.
- Garlic -Chopped fresh garlic can take some time to chop so I often always use the freshly minced garlic that comes already made in a jar.
- Parsley flakes for garnish (optional)
- See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Pizza Bomb Variations
These pizza bombs are so versatile you can really change up the flavor combinations really easily. Here are some of my favorite pizza toppings you can also add to the inside of the pizza bombs.
Hawaiian Style Pizza Bomb add chopped Canadian Bacon and pineapple tidbits.
Veggie style pizza bombs - Add sauteed onions, olives, mushrooms
Make a meat loves pizza bomb with chopped bacon, pepperoni, and cooked crumbled sausage
Cook some scrambled eggs with bacon and make a Breakfast Pizza Bomb.
How to Make Pizza Bombs in Air Fryer
Step 1: Lay each crescent roll triangle out onto a clean work surface. Add two slices of pepperoni and a piece of cheese in the middle of the dough.
Step 2: Fold up all the sides into a ball, and seal the dough shut. Continue this process until every ball is closed.
Step 3: Combine melted butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl. Brush the bombs with butter mixture onto each one. Spread the butter mixture over the dough with a brush.
Step 4: Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. Place each dough ball in a single layer and then close the basket. Air fry the pizza bombs for 5 minutes. Check to see if they are done and continue air frying the dough balls until they golden brown. Brush with more butter.
Some air fryers require preheating and some do not. Be sure to check your air fryer manual.
More Great Air Fryer Recipes to Try:
If you tried this Air Fryer Pizza Bombs or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
These pizza bombs are very weight watcher friendly now that dough exists! Using the 2ID you can make up to 12 pizza bombs. The total smart points for 1 pizza bomb is 2 points.
- 1 8oz container of Crescent Roll Dough
- 12 slice(s) turkey pepperoni
- 3 sticks Trader Joe's Organic Light string cheese
- 2 tablespoons of light butter
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- Parsley flakes for garnish
- Lay each crescent roll triangle out onto a clean work surface. Add two slices of pepperoni and a piece of cheese in the middle of the dough.
- Fold up all the sides into a ball, and seal the dough shut.
- Combine melted butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl. Brush the bombs with butter mixture onto each pizza bomb and top with parmesan.
- Spread the butter mixture over the dough with a brush.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. Place each dough ball in a single layer and then close the basket. Air fry the pizza bombs for 5 minutes. Check to see if they are done and continue air frying the dough balls until they golden brown. Brush with more butter.
myWW points Blue 2; Green 2; Purple 2
Points are calculated with the WW recipe builder app and not using the nutrition info.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bomb
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 267
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 11
- Cholesterol: 8
Keywords: pizza bombs