Guys this is seriously the best zero-point turkey chili you will ever eat! I'm a beef kind of chili girl and using groud turkey you won't even be able to tell the difference. There are only 6 ingredients in this chili recipe and those are ground turkey, onion, crushed tomatoes, red beans, chili powder, and cumin.
Chili gets even better when you cook it in the slow cooker all day long.
One thing I like to serve chili with is homemade beer bread. My beer bread recipe only requires 2 ingredients and you can read about that here. Beer bread and chili are a great combo and you can easily plan this meal out so it fits into your daily smart points for the day.
My main goal with this blog is to show you how you can still enjoy your favorite foods and not have to give up your favorite things like bread or chili.
- Ground turkey can be used in place of ground beef in most recipes and is a great way to reduce the amount of saturated fat in your diet. It is also a good source of protein and can be a healthier option for those looking to cut down on red meat consumption.
- Onion, diced (yellow or white)
- Crushed tomatoes - When purchasing canned tomatoes, it is important to read the label and choose a product with no added salt or sugar if you are looking for a healthier option.
- Red beans - Are a convenient and versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes. They are a great source of protein and fiber, and can be added to salads, soups, stews, and even dips.
- Chili powder - Is a blend of mixed red chilis that have been dried up and pulverized until it resembles powder. Sometimes other spices like cumin and paprika.
- Cumin - Is a member of the parsley family. It is a dried seed that is made from a plant called Cuminum cyminum.
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make CrockPot Turkey Chili
Step 1: Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and the heat to medium heat. Place the ground turkey and onion in the skillet, and cook until brown. Pour turkey and onions into the slow cooker.
Step 2: Add the crushed tomatoes, beans, chili powder, and cumin. Stir and season with salt and pepper.
Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Serve with toppings, if desired.
Tips for CrockPot Turkey Chili
- You can freeze this chili for later use. Store in airtight containers or heavy duty freezer bags. Chili can last up to 4 to 6 months in the freezer.
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili Instructions: Set your IP to saute mode and cook the onion and ground turkey for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, beans, chili powder, and cumin to the pot. Place the lid on the IP and pressure cook on high for 14 minutes followed by a quick release.
What Crock Pots are the Best?
When choosing a slow cooker think of the size of your family first. Do you have a large family of 6 or more? You probably want a larger crockpot that is 7 qt or more. For smaller families that are 4 or less choose a 4 qt slow cooker and just adjust the recipe ingredients in half. No need to change the cooking times.
Elite Gourmet - Electric oval slow cooker has adjustable temps and can make anything from entrees, sauces, stews & dips. Plus it’s dishwasher safe. This one also comes in a 4 quart size!
Crock-Pot 7-Quart Oval - Manual Slow Cooker | Stainless Steel (SCV700-S-BR) Spatious 7 quart manual slow cooker that servers up to 9 people. Fits a 7 pound roast. Keeps food at an ideal serving temperature for as long as you need to so you can make dishes ahead of time!
Other Recipes To Try
If you tried this Crock Pot Turkey Chili or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Guys this is seriously the best zero-point chili you will ever eat! I'm a beef kind of chili girl and using groud turkey you won't even be able to tell the difference.
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can of red beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Spray a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until brown. Pour turkey into slow cooker.
- Add the onion, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, and cumin. Stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Serve with toppings, if desired.
My WW Personal Points: 1 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: crockpot turkey chili