This was a recipe I shared back in 2014 and oh Lord, I forgot how good it was! If you’re craving a deep dish pizza and don’t want to go through the whole process of making that, make this casserole instead.
I made it even better this time by using a packet of Italian Seasoning Mix instead of plain Italian seasoning. Dried Italian seasoning just doesn’t have much flavor to me and the packet seasoning worked really well. If you don’t like it really salty look for a packet of low sodium Italian seasoning mix.
Ingredients for Deep Dish Pizza
Wondering what else you can use instead of this or that? Check this section out.
Ground Beef - Italian sausage or any type of sausage would really make the flavor of this taste even better
Stewed Tomatoes - If chunky style tomatoes aren’t your favorite then you can use marinara sauce or even jarred pizza sauce.
Pizza Toppings - I have only tried this recipe as a meat lovers style pizza. The only other pizza type I can think of that would work well with this would be Taco.
Refrigerated Pizza Dough - Make your own favorite dough recipe if you don’t want to use the canned pizza dough. If you're low carb use a recipe like Fat Head Dough.
How to Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
Preheat oven to 425°.
Cook meat in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary, and return to skillet. Add tomatoes and seasoning, cook until heated through.
While meat cooks, coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough, and press into bottom and halfway up sides of the baking dish. Top the pizza crust with meat mixture.
Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12 minutes. Top with cheese, and then pepperoni, and bake 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with a salad mixed field greens and a fat-free or low-fat vinaigrette.
Cut into 8 equal pieces. Serving size: 1 piece.
Other Recipes to Try
Baked Oats with Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips
If you’ve tried this Deep Dish Pizza Casserole recipe or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to share on PinterestPrint
Weight Watchers Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
- Prep Time: 5min
- Cook Time: 18min
- Total Time: 23min
- Yield: 8 1x
Weight Watchers Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
- 1 lb lean ground beef 96/4 or higher
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (.6oz) packet of Italian Seasoning Mix (dry)
- cooking spray (Pam)
- 1 (10oz) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 10 - 20 slices of pepperoni
- Parsley flakes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cook meat in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary, and return to skillet. Add tomatoes and seasoning, cook until heated through.
- While meat cooks, coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough, and press into bottom and halfway up sides of the baking dish. Top the pizza crust with meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12 minutes. Top with cheese, and then pepperoni, and bake 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a salad mixed field greens and a fat-free or low-fat vinaigrette.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces. Serving size: 1 piece.
WW Points blue 6, green 6, purple 6 (WW recipe builder)
My WW Personal Points: 7 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: ⅛th of the pan
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 22g
Keywords: deep dish pizza casserole
If you have the recipe builder that comes with WW app that will definitely tell you. 😉
Jennifer Ferry says
Would this be less points if you used turkey or chicken ground meat and turkey pepperoni and the 2 ingredient dough with self rising flour and Greek yogurt?
Hello, I am Richard, owner of https://thekitchenmania.com
thanks for sharing such delicious looking recipe. i am just wondering how did you remember such an old dish.
Thanks for sharing Suzanne!
Wow! Total hit with my family. Will make again! I served it with a side salad. Perfect amount of food for dinner.
Would this freeze ok?
Genella Hudgins says
I do the Deep Dish Pizza Casserole and we love it. I recently substituted 99% fat free turkey for the beef and we actually liked it better than the beef. I use tomato sauce rather than the chunky Italian tomatoes and add some Italian seasoning.
Sarah Allbritton says
I just rejoined weight watchers. I need some sugar free recipes because my husband and I are both insulin dependenr diabetics. I use Splenda for sweetner. I have a 13 yr old daughter that is prediabetic as well.