Deep dish pizza casserole is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that's perfect for pizza lovers. This dish combines all of the classic pizza flavors in a layered casserole form. The recipe typically includes pizza dough, tomato sauce, cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings.
This was a recipe I shared back in 2014 and oh Lord, I forgot how good it was! If you’re craving a deep dish pizza and don’t want to go through the whole process of making that, make this casserole instead.
I made it even better this time by using a packet of Italian Seasoning Mix instead of plain Italian seasoning. Dried Italian seasoning just doesn’t have much flavor to me and the packet seasoning worked really well. If you don’t like it really salty look for a packet of low sodium Italian seasoning mix.
If you like more Weight Watcher dinner recipes please check out 30 Weight Watcher Recipes for Dinner.
Ingredients for Deep Dish Pizza
- Lean Gound beef - Is considered better than higher fat options for several reasons. First, it has less saturated fat, which can contribute to heart disease and other health issues. Additionally, it tends to have fewer calories per serving, making it a good option for those watching their weight. The 96% lean ground beef from Aldi is my favorite.
- Stewed Tomatoes - When purchasing canned diced tomatoes, it is important to read the label and choose a product with no added salt or sugar if you are looking for a healthier option.
- Pizza Toppings - I have only tried this recipe as a meat lovers style pizza. The only other pizza type I can think of that would work well with this would be Taco.
- Refrigerated Pizza Dough - Make your own favorite dough recipe if you don’t want to use the canned pizza dough. If you're low carb use a recipe like Fat Head Dough.
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Other Pizza Toppings to try: Candian bacon, pineapple, jalapenos, anchovies, and even fruits such as apples and pears.
Recipe Tip: There are many different ways you can do this recipe. I sometimes like to use crushed tomatoes with Italian Seasoning Mix or you can even use jarred marinara sauce.
How to Make Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425°.
Step 2: Cook meat in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary, and return to skillet. Add tomatoes and seasoning, cook until heated through.
Step 3: While meat cooks, coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough, and press into bottom and halfway up sides of the baking dish. Top the pizza crust with meat mixture.
Step 4: Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12 minutes. Top with cheese, and then pepperoni, and bake 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with a salad mixed field greens and a fat-free or low-fat vinaigrette.
Cut into 8 equal pieces. Serving size: 1 piece.
Yes just brown the ground beef and let it cool. Then assemble the casserole and cover it with saran wrap. Bake it the day you plan on making it.
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container.
The dish typically consists of a starch, such as rice or pasta, along with vegetables, meat, and a sauce or soup. The ingredients are usually layered in a baking dish and then baked in the oven until the dish is fully cooked. Casseroles are often a one-pot meal that can be prepared ahead of time and then baked just before serving
Other Weight Watcher Recipes to Try
If you tried this Deep Dish Pizza Casserole orany other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Weight Watchers Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
- 1 lb lean ground beef 96/4 or higher
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (.6oz) packet of Italian Seasoning Mix (dry)
- cooking spray (Pam)
- 1 (10oz) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 10 - 20 slices of pepperoni
- Parsley flakes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cook meat in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary, and return to skillet. Add tomatoes and seasoning, cook until heated through.
- While meat cooks, coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough, and press into bottom and halfway up sides of the baking dish. Top the pizza crust with meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12 minutes. Top with cheese, and then pepperoni, and bake 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a salad mixed field greens and a fat-free or low-fat vinaigrette.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces. Serving size: 1 piece.
WW Points: 7 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: ⅛th of the pan
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 22g
Keywords: deep dish pizza casserole