I’ve decided to start making some of my recipes I’ve previously had on my blog that were full of fat, lighter. Yay! Better than Sex cake was really easy to make lighter. The only thing I had trouble with was the toffee candy on top. There’s no way to make that lighter, but is there? Ever heard of Skinny Cow candy? It is heavenly. They have different flavored candy bars and chocolate covered caramel, I believe their called turtles for only 110 calories. They’re so good too. They had this one candy bar that almost reminded me of a Nutter butter. I was walking down the candy aisle trying to find something to put on top of the cake, and saw these. It’s been awhile since I’ve had them and I thought they would make a great topping for the cake and they did. Thank goodness.
The one thing I didn’t like about the full fat better than sex cake, was that it was really sweet. This version cuts back on the sweetness. Is it better than sex? That is up for you to decide. I tried making the cool whip frosting orange for Halloween. It turned out more like a peach color.
Points Plus: 4
Calories 131; Fat 4.87g; Carbohydrate 20.05g; Fiber 0.9g; Protein 2.28g
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 can of diet soda
- 1 container of cool whip light
- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups of 1% milk
- 4 Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisp Peanut Butter Bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl combine the chocolate cake mix and can of diet soda until that is well combined. Pour into a 8X13 in baking dish and bake in the oven until a tooth pick comes out clean. 30-35 minutes.
- While the cake is cooking make the frosting. Whisk together the instant pudding and milk in a bowl. Then fold in the thawed cool whip.
- Chop the Skinny Cow Peanut Butter Bars.
- Once the cake has cooled, top with the frosting and the chopped candy bars.