This Better than Sex Cake is a chocolate cake made with a can of diet soda and cake mix. The frosting is made of only 3 simple ingredients which are vanilla pudding, milk, and, a container of cool whip.
You might be thinking to yourself people who name their recipes "better than sex cake" aren't doing it right. Or, how is this a WW recipe? Yes, sadly I do get those types of comments and questions a lot but one reason why I enjoy Weight Watchers is that NO FOOD is off limits.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
If you're on WW or just eating a low calorie diet this cake is pretty low in calories with the substitutes I used.
Dairy Free Option: I tried making the frosting with Fair Life Milk since I've really cut back on milk in my diet. It works great and makes a really thick pudding. I could eat just the frosting alone. This milk has very high protein and it's lactose free.
The ingredients are pretty simple and you 6 to make this better than sex cake. Make it for a crowd and people will be asking for the recipe.
All these Ingredients you can get at Aldi. Just use the Benton's Cake Mix brand there. The wafers are crushed up knoppers.
- Cake Mix - We like to keep things simple around here and this recipe uses a box of cake mix
- Diet soda - Using diet soda is an old WW trick or hack if you must to help lower the calories in a box of cake mix. Any flavor will do.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding (sugar-free) - I’m a semi-homemade cook and whenever I can use ingredients like this I love them. Just add in milk to the pudding. There are different sizes of pudding mix. The regular pudding mix are 3.4 oz and the sugar-free are 1oz. Both require the same amount of milk used.
- Cool Whip - A frozen whipped topping that is found in the freezer section of the grocery store. I like it a lot because I’m lazy and don’t like beating heavy cream to make whipped cream. 😉
- Milk or skim milk - if you want to add more protein try adding in Fairlife Protein Milk
- Heath Bars are originally used for this recipe. When this recipe was first published on this site I had used Skinny Cow Bars cause they were really low in points. You can sub Kit Kats or crushed Oreos.
- See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Better than Sex Cake
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Step 2: In a bowl combine the chocolate cake mix and can of diet soda until that is well combined. Pour into a 9X13 in baking dish and bake in the oven until a tooth pick comes out clean. 30-35 minutes.
Step 3: While the cake is cooking make the frosting. Whisk together the instant pudding and milk in a bowl. Then fold in the thawed cool whip.
Step 4: Chop whatever candy bars you decided to put over the cake.
Step 5: Once the cake has cooled, top with the frosting and the chopped candy bars.
How do I store leftovers?
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container before putting it in the freezer or fridge.
No you can try switching up the flavors for this cake! Try Devil's Food Cake Mix or vanilla.
Yes, You can use sugar-free instant vanilla pudding and cake mix for this recipe.
More Cake Great Recipes To Try
If you tried this Better than Sex Cake or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
This cake is made using a can of diet soda and the ingredients on the back of the box. Then it gets topped with a cool whip pudding mixture and crushed candy.
- 1 (15.25 oz) box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 (12oz) can of diet soda (any flavor will do)
- 1 8oz container of cool whip fat free
- 1 (1oz) box of instant vanilla pudding (sugar-free)
- 2 cups of 1% milk
- 5 Kit Kat Candy bars, mini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl combine the chocolate cake mix and can of diet soda until that is well combined. Pour into a 9X13 in baking dish and bake in the oven until a tooth pick comes out clean. 30-35 minutes.
- While the cake is cooking make the frosting. Whisk together the instant pudding and milk in a bowl. Then fold in the thawed cool whip.
- Chop the candy bars.
- Once the cake has cooled, top with the frosting and the chopped candy bars.
- Cut into 24 equal slices. Serving size: 1 slice.
My WW Personal Points: 5 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 13
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 3
Keywords: better than sex cake
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. This recipe is based on WW Freestyle program, and SmartPoints are the value system the company bases their foods on. Some recipes will have older points system values listed in them.