I’ve decided to start making some of my recipes I’ve previously had on my blog that were full of fat, lighter. Yay! Better than Sex cake was really easy to make lighter. The only thing I had trouble with was the toffee candy on top. There’s no way to make that lighter, but is there? Ever heard of Skinny Cow candy? It is heavenly. They have different flavored candy bars and chocolate covered caramel, I believe their called turtles for only 110 calories. They’re so good too. They had this one candy bar that almost reminded me of a Nutter Butter. I was walking down the candy aisle trying to find something to put on top of the cake and saw these. It’s been a while since I’ve had them and I thought they would make a great topping for the cake and they did. Thank goodness.
The one thing I didn’t like about the full fat better than sex cake, was that it was really sweet. This version cuts back on the sweetness. Is it better than sex? That is up for you to decide. 🙂 I tried making the cool whip frosting orange for Halloween. It turned out more like a peach color.
Servings: 24 (cut 4X6)
Weight Watchers – Better than Sex Cake
- 1 (15.25 oz) box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 (12oz) can of diet soda (any flavor will do)
- 1 8oz container of cool whip fat free
- 1 (3oz) box of instant vanilla pudding (sugar free)
- 2 cups of 1% milk
- 4 Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisp Peanut Butter Bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl combine the chocolate cake mix and can of diet soda until that is well combined. Pour into a 8X13 in baking dish and bake in the oven until a tooth pick comes out clean. 30-35 minutes.
- While the cake is cooking make the frosting. Whisk together the instant pudding and milk in a bowl. Then fold in the thawed cool whip.
- Chop the Skinny Cow Peanut Butter Bars.
- Once the cake has cooled, top with the frosting and the chopped candy bars.
Freestyle Smart Points: 5
Cut in 24 servings
You can make this dairy free by using 1 1/4 cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk.
Any flavor of diet soda will work and it will not make the cake taste like that.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 13
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 3
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. This recipe is based on WW Freestyle program, and SmartPoints are the value system the company bases their foods on. Some recipes will have older points system values listed in them.