This better than sex cake is a chocolate cake made with a can of diet soda and cake mix. The frosting is made of only 3 simple ingredients which are vanilla pudding, milk, and, a container of cool whip.
You might be thinking to yourself people who name their recipes "better than sex cake" aren't doing it right. Or, how is this a WW recipe? Yes, sadly I do get those types of comments and questions a lot but one reason why I enjoy Weight Watchers is that NO FOOD is off limits.
Don't like chocolate cake? You can try Strawberry Poke Cake or Sunshine Cake
Why You Will Love This Recipe
You can have this cake and still eat it if you're on a weight loss journey.
I created this recipe back in 2012 when the phrase better than sex cake was trending and I attempted to make it lower in points for people who follow Weight Watchers to enjoy.
A lot of people are under the assumption that only healthy or zero point food can be eaten while dieting. Let me tell you something. I do no eat this cake every day while following Weight Watchers. It is a cake that can be brought to parties and no one will tell that you didn't use heavy cream, butter, or oil to make cake. To make cake more point friendly you can replace all the boxed ingredients with a can of diet soda. There are many tips and tricks on Pinterest to help lower the points for boxed cake mix.
- Cake Mix - We like to keep things simple around here and this recipe uses a box of cake mix
- Diet soda - any flavor will do, I've tried different flavors and it really doesn't change the taste of the cake
- Cool Whip - A frozen whipped topping that is found in the freezer section of the grocery store. I like it a lot because I’m lazy and don’t like beating heavy cream to make whipped cream. 😉
- Instant Vanilla Pudding (sugar-free) - I’m a semi-homemade cook and whenever I can use ingredients like this I love them. Just add in milk to the pudding. There are different sizes of pudding mix. The regular pudding mix are 3.4 oz and the sugar-free are 1oz. Both require the same amount of milk used.
- Milk or skim milk - if you want to add more protein try adding in Fairlife Protein Milk
- Heath Bars are originally used for this recipe. When this recipe was first published on this site I had used Skinny Cow Bars cause they were really low in points. You can sub Kit Kats or crushed Oreos.
- See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Better than Sex Cake
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Step 2: In a bowl combine the chocolate cake mix and can of diet soda until that is well combined. Pour into a 9X13 in baking dish and bake in the oven until a tooth pick comes out clean. 30-35 minutes.
Step 3: While the cake is cooking make the frosting. Whisk together the instant pudding and milk in a bowl. Then fold in the thawed cool whip.
Step 4: Chop the Skinny Cow Peanut Butter Bars.
Step 5: Once the cake has cooled, top with the frosting and the chopped candy bars.
Servings: 24 (cut 4X6)
How do I store leftovers?
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container before putting it in the freezer or fridge.
No you can try switching up the flavors for this cake! Try Devil's Food Cake Mix or vanilla.
More Cake Great Recipes To Try
If you tried this Better than Sex Cake or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Weight Watchers - Better than Sex Cake
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30-35 min
- Total Time: 55 minute
- Yield: 24 1x
FYI: As of 2019 Skinny Cow Bar is discontinued. I made this recipe back in October 2012. Just replace them with fun-size heath candy or kit kat-bars. I used Kit Kat Fun size candy bars.
- 1 (15.25 oz) box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 (12oz) can of diet soda (any flavor will do)
- 1 8oz container of cool whip fat free
- 1 (1oz) box of instant vanilla pudding (sugar-free)
- 2 cups of 1% milk
- 5 Kit Kat Candy bars, mini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl combine the chocolate cake mix and can of diet soda until that is well combined. Pour into a 9X13 in baking dish and bake in the oven until a tooth pick comes out clean. 30-35 minutes.
- While the cake is cooking make the frosting. Whisk together the instant pudding and milk in a bowl. Then fold in the thawed cool whip.
- Chop the candy bars.
- Once the cake has cooled, top with the frosting and the chopped candy bars.
- Cut into 24 equal slices. Serving size: 1 slice.
My WW Personal Points: 5 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 13
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 3
Keywords: better than sex cake
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. This recipe is based on WW Freestyle program, and SmartPoints are the value system the company bases their foods on. Some recipes will have older points system values listed in them.
Dixie B says
Great recipe I used Pillsbury SF cake mix, SF Cheese cake pudding and made my own candy using Lilly’s SF choc and No sugar added Peanut butter!
I made this two different ways: the cake was made the same way for both - which was according to another comment. First way: I used one regular dark chocolate cake mix (not sugar free), 1 and 1/4 C Diet Coke (she used diet 7up but did Diet Coke), 2 egg whites. Frosting: 1 and 1/4 C unsweetened Almond Milk (because that’s all I had and you have to use less if it’s not dairy milk) for the pudding mix. I used sugar free cheese cake pudding, mixed it in with sugar free cooo whip, and then sprinkled on cut up mini Kit Kat’s over the frosted cake. It was sooooooo good. Light and refreshing, not diet tasting at all!
The second way: Cake mix was exactly the same. Frosting: I used 2 C 2% milk, sugar free vanilla pudding (not cheesecake this time), and regular Cool Whip (not sugar free), and the sprinkled the same cut up candy bars (I made it this way for a not WW family bday party).
YOU GUYS!!! I liked the first way sooooo much better with the cheesecake pudding and less Almond Milk. It was light and refreshing. The “not” WW way and with vanilla pudding was far too rich and heavy. Lighter is better and USE SUGAR FREE CHEESECAKE PUDDING MIX (not Vanilla)!!!
Christina G says
I made sugar free chocolate cake added two egg whites and 1 cup and 1/4 zero sprite after cooked I poked hole in it and added fat free Carmel on top of cake .. then made up cheesecake sugar free pudding with 2 cups of 1% milk then added pudding to sugar free cool whip and I Iced the cake on top of icing i added sugar free Reese's to top chopped up.. My husband loved this cake had I not told him sugar free he would have never knew
They are tiny pieces, yes. The pic is a bit confusing and I should probably update that. I haven't worked on this blog post for quite so time. Sorry. It also depends on how you want to cut your pieces too. I like mine bigger and yes they will be more points.
Oh so these are like tiny pieces haha. There is no way you get 24 4x6 pieces out of a 9x13 inch pan unless they are tiny slivers. But the picture above looks like a decent size! That’s why I am confused
The pan is 9X13
How do you make 24 slices if they are 4x6 each? Or are we talking centimeters?
Unbelievable! Who knew a soda could take the place of all those eggs and oil. Texture of cake was moist and light!!! I use sugar free cheesecake pudding and almond milk. Was too runny. Next time less milk. But tastes great. What a find!!
Heavy Whipping Cream is a good substitute for Cool Whip but that would make it more points if you're following WW.