St Patrick’s Day is only good for one thing and that is MINT. Mint and chocolate are meant to be together. At least I know that much is true.
This is a no bake pie. It starts off with instant pistachio pudding. That sounds really weird for a mint dessert doesn’t it? It works though, so trust me on this one. Next, fold in some cool whip and mint extract and then poor it over a pie crust. Pop the pie in the freezer and wait for a couple hours for the pie to set. This pie takes no time to make at all either, less than 10 minutes tops.
The weather is starting to warm up here and today the high was 56. Grilling season is here, I’d say! This frozen grasshopper pie would be the perfect dessert to serve on a warm day when the birds are out chirping. It doesn’t have to be a Holiday in order to serve this frozen treat. 🙂
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- 4 chocolate wafers (such as “Famous Amos” brand), divided
- 1 (1 oz) box pistachio fat-free, sugar-free instant pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold skim milk
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- 2 cups sugar-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 square of semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- Crush 2 of the wafers; sprinkle onto bottom of a 9 inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray.
- Beat together the pudding mix, milk and extract with a whisk for 2 minutes Stir in the thawed whipped topping and chopped chocolate; spread onto bottom of pie plate. Top with remaining wafers after first cutting them into quarters.
- Place in freezer for up to 6 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly before cutting to serve
Recipe adapted from ww-recipes.org