Key Lime Pie is a light, frozen dessert best served in the Summer at a Barbeque when it's 90 degrees outside. There is no baking required either plus it is low in calories and Weight Watcher-friendly.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
I love simple pie recipes like this. It takes less than 5 minutes to make especially if you buy one of those pre-made graham cracker crusts at the store. I was so happy to find the lower fat graham cracker pie crust.
Variations to try! You could do so many different flavor combinations with this pie. Just think of all the light yogurt's that Yo-Plait makes and all the different Jello's there are at the store. Strawberry would be good with this. Oh there is so many different ways this pie could be made and I can't wait to experiment with some of the different ways!
- Reduced fat graham cracker crust - is a crust made with graham crackers that have lower fat content than traditional graham crackers
- Sugar-free lime gelatin - a type of gelatin dessert that is free of added sugar and flavored with lime. If you can't find sugar free that's ok.
- Boiling water - This is free and comes from your faucet. 😉
- Fat-free whipped topping - A frozen whipped topping that is found in the freezer section of the grocery store. I like it a lot because I’m lazy and don’t like beating heavy cream to make whipped cream. 😉
- Key lime pie yogurt- fat-free - There are so many different kinds and varieties of low fat yogurts now. Try this recipe using different flavors of jello and yogurt.
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Key Lime Pie
Step 1: In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Let cool slightly. If you don't like lime use any flavor of jello with whatever low-fat yogurt you like.
Step 2: Stir in yogurt and whipped topping with a wire whisk.
Step 3: Spread in graham cracker crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Slice the pie into 8 slices. Serving Size: 1 slice.
What can you serve with Key Lime Pie?
When it comes to serving key lime pie, there are a number of great options that can complement its tangy flavor. One classic pairing is whipped cream, which can add a creamy, sweet element that balances out the tartness of the pie filling.
You can also serve key lime pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, which can create a delicious contrast of temperatures and textures. Another option is to add some fresh fruit, such as strawberries or raspberries, which can add some additional sweetness and color to the plate.
Finally, consider pairing your key lime pie with a refreshing beverage, such as iced tea or lemonade, which can help to cleanse the palate and enhance the flavors of the dessert.
Key lime pie is a dessert that is high in sugar and calories, making it a treat rather than a healthy food choice. However, with a few weeks and ingredient swaps it can be made into a lower calorie dessert!
How do I store leftovers?
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Key lime pie is known for its unique combination of sweet and tangy flavors, as well as its creamy texture. The filling is made from key lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, and egg yolks, which creates a smooth and silky consistency.
Other Recipes to Try
If you tried this Key Lime Pie Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediaries
Recipe adapted from Food.comPrint
Weight Watcher's Key Lime Pie is a light, frozen dessert best served in the Summer at a Barbeque when it's 90 degrees outside. There is no baking required either. I love simple pie recipes like this.
- 1 reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 1 oz package sugar-free lime gelatin
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free whipped topping
- 2 (6 ounce) key lime pie yogurt- fat-free
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Let cool slightly. If you don't like lime use any flavor of jello with whatever low-fat yogurt you like.
- Stir in yogurt with a wire whisk.
- Fold in whipped topping with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Spread in graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Slice the pie into 8 slices. Serving Size: 1 slice.
Points Plus: 2
myWW points: Blue 7; Green 7; Purple 7 (WW recipe builder)
- Category: Easy
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: ⅛th of the pie
- Calories: 148
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: key lime pie