The weather is starting to warm up here and today the high was 56. Grilling season is here, I’d say! This frozen grasshopper pie would be the perfect dessert to serve on a warm day when the birds are out chirping or for St Patrick’s Day. It doesn’t have to be a Holiday in order to serve this frozen treat. 🙂 Whether you are against sugar-free free or for sugar-free I have both points included below in the recipe.
Mint and chocolate are meant to be together. At least I know that much is true.
This is a no-bake pie. It starts off with instant pistachio pudding. That sounds really weird for a mint dessert doesn’t it? It works though, so trust me on this one. Next, fold in some cool whip and mint extract and then pour it over a pie crust. Pop the pie in the freezer and wait for a couple of hours for the pie to set. This pie takes no time to make at all either, less than 10 minutes tops.
Garnishes for Pie
Drizzle some chocolate sauce over the top or some fudge sauce.
Take some Chocolate and grate that on the top of the pie.
Layer with more cool whip!
I placed a thin mint Girl Scout cookie right next to the pie (will have to count extra points for that).
Sugar-Free & Fat-Free
Some of you might not like the recipe below because it calls for sugar-free and fat-free products and yes I know that if you take out sugar and replace it with sugar-free then there’s going to be more chemicals and processed junk added to it. I created this recipe back in 2015 and since then I’ve discovered that my stomach can not handle sugar-free replacements. That is why I have included the points for the recipe created with non sugar-free and fat-free ingredients. If you use regular instant pudding and cool whip the points for each pie slice is 7.
This grasshopper pie is delicious even without the crust but there are other options out there if you want a crust. You can use a storebought cookie crust or add in more wafer cookies if you want more. 1/8th of a storebought cookie crust is 4 points. If you think 4 wafer cookies aren’t enough just crush some more wafer cookies.
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- 4 chocolate wafers (such as “Famous Amos” brand), divided
- 1 (1 oz) box pistachio instant pudding mix
- 1–1/2 cups cold skim milk
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 cups sugar-free & fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 square of semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- Crush 4 of the wafers; sprinkle onto bottom of a 9 inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray.
- Beat together the pudding mix, milk and extract with a whisk for 2 minutes Stir in the thawed whipped topping and chopped chocolate; spread onto bottom of pie plate.
- Place in freezer for up to 6 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly before cutting to serve
myWW points: Blue Points: 4; Green Points: 4; Purple Points: 4
- Serving Size: 1/8th of the pie
- Calories: 123
- Sugar: 2.39
- Fat: 2.58
- Saturated Fat: 1.76
- Carbohydrates: 13.7
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: .58