If you’re freaking out over all the pumpkin spice food out there right now you will love this caramel pumpkin poke cake! It is seriously good. I almost wish I had poked the holes when the cake came right out of the oven, then it would have been extra warm and gooey! The recipe only requires 5 ingredients and the cake is made with a can of pumpkin and a box of yellow cake mix. You know me, my recipes are super hard to make! J/K.
What on Earth is a Poke cake?
Poke cakes are a delicious way to add extra layers of flavor to any cake. Once the cake has completely cooled poke holes into the cake with the back of a wooden spoon. Then drizzle some type of sauce on top and that sauce seeps into the holes. Do not poke completely towards the bottom of the cake though, or else you will have caramel sauce running out the bottom of the cake.
Can I use a sugar-free cake mix?
Yes. I didn’t use a box of sugar-free cake mix for this recipe. I’ve never tried them before. There are some sugar-free foods out there that I don’t mind. It just depends on the aftertaste you get from the type of sweetener that is used. The sugar-free caramel sauce is something I don’t mind. 🙂 The smart points per serving will be 3.
- 1 15.5oz box of yellow or white cake mix
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup of Smucker’s Sugar-free Caramel Sauce
- 1 8oz container of Lite Cool Whip Topping
- Add the cake mix, can of pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and water to a large box and whisk to combine. Pour the batter into a 9X13 in cake pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until you can poke a hole into the cake and it comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Take the back of a wooden spoon and poke holes into the cake. Do not poke holes to the bottom of the cake or else the caramel sauce will seep to the bottom. Only go half way.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the top of the holes. Spread the cool whip on top with a knife. Drizzle extra caramel sauce on top of cool whip layer. (optional)
- Slice cake into 24 equal pieces
myWW points: Blue 5; Green 5; Purple 5
serving size: 1 slice
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 97
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 160mg
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g