This recipe for pumpkin muffins is really stupid easy. The recipe makes 24 muffins/cupcakes and the base which is cake mix and canned pumpkin is only 3 points. If you add the chocolate chips the total will be 4 points. Just about every Fall I whip up a couple of batches of these easy muffins.
I love muffins. Sometimes, I will make a batch of muffins to take to work for breakfast. I get sick of eating granola bars most of the time. Tried oatmeal, that gets boring too. But muffins, oh my there are so many different kinds you can make! I found another muffin recipe on Cooking Light's website for Raspberry Cream Cheese muffins. Next week that will be my breakfast in the morning!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
If you have been following me on Instagram lately, I have been posting recipes you can make with a box of cake mix (15.25oz) and 1 150z can of pumpkin.
People loved it! This recipe is simple and only requires 3 ingredients. The chocolate chips are optional of course.
Check out my post on what you all can make using a box of cake mix and can of pumpkin.
- Pumpkin puree - is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a wide variety of recipes, from sweet to savory. Made from cooked and mashed pumpkin, it is commonly used in baking and cooking to add a rich, creamy texture and a subtle sweetness.
- Cake mix is a pre-mixed combination of ingredients that simplifies the process of baking a cake. It usually contains flour, sugar, baking powder, and flavorings such as vanilla or chocolate.
- Pumpkin pie spice is a blend of warm, aromatic spices that are commonly used in pumpkin pie and other fall desserts. The traditional blend typically includes cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Some variations may also include allspice, cardamom, or vanilla.
- Cinnamon is a spice that comes from the inner bark of several trees from the genus Cinnamomum.
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Pumpkin Muffins
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
Step 2: In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, cake mix, water, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Mix well until the batter is smooth.
Step 3: Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, fill each muffin liner with batter until about ⅔ full.
Step 4: Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Yes, you can but from what people are telling me on Instagram there is not a sugar-free spice cake mix flavor out there. You can, however, use yellow or chocolate sugar-free cake mix. Please use your recipe builder to figure out the points. I’m not a fan of sugar-free cake mix. The muffin batter with chocolate chips will be 3 points.
You can also use sugar-free chocolate chips as well!
Whenever I make a batch of these muffins, I will only make half of the recipe at a time so I am not wasting a whole lot of muffins before they start getting bad in the fridge.
If you look on the back of a box of cake mix, some of the ingredients might surprise you. Some people think that boxed and canned food is full of chemicals and extra junk in them and this is not allowed for 2 ingredient recipes. Well guess what, those people just love to demonize food and we do not eat food like this in our everyday life and so to me. It is ok to have boxed cake mix every now and then. Everything in moderation!
More Great Recipes to Try :
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Grinder Salad Sandwich - Tiktok Recipe
- Zero Point Cabbage Soup
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- French Fries in the Air Fryer
If you tried this Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips orany other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Easy pumpkin muffins made with only 3 ingredients!
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 box (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix or spice cake mix
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, cake mix, water, pumpkin pie spice, chocolate chips, and cinnamon. Mix well until the batter is smooth.
- Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, fill each muffin liner with batter until about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
WW Freestyle Points: 4
Personal Points 3 to 4
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: pumpkin muffins