Keto chaffles are the latest craze with only 3 net carbs for the whole recipe! Have fun coming up with different creations or combos with this recipe.
Why You Will Like this Recipe
So there are quite a couple of different variations of chaffle recipes floating around and the main recipe calls for an egg and cheddar. I tried this and thought it was too eggy for me. That is why I add a little almond flour to my recipe. If you don't want almond flour, leave it out!
No baking soda is needed to make a chaffle. I deleted it from the original recipe because some readers were complaining it left a bitter taste.
It’s also nice when you have all the ingredients on hand when you see a trending recipe like this online to make it right away! Aldi has pretty cheap almond flour and I've been testing recipes a lot with it lately, and not to mention they have cheap eggs. After trying this recipe, the chaffle did not disappoint! It is just as good as the famous Fat Head Pizza Crust which is another popular dough recipe on this site.
I made my chaffle into a pizza.
What is a chaffle?
The basic recipe for a chaffle contains cheddar cheese, almond flour, and an egg. You mix the ingredients together in a bowl and pour it on top of your waffle maker. Waffle makers are probably on the rise right now after this chaffle recipe exploded the other day ago. I was kind of skeptical at first thinking there was no way this would turn out after mixing it all together and pouring the batter on top of the waffle. I was expecting one big gigantic mess. Make sure to spray the waffle maker really well. The waffle turned out great and it was crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
What do I need to make a chaffle?
- Eggs - The best type of eggs you can buy at the store are organic or free-range eggs, while others may prefer eggs from specific breeds of chickens
- Cheddar - I used Happy Farms brand from Aldi
- Almond flour Almond flour is a popular alternative to wheat flour in gluten-free and low-carb baking. It is made from blanched almonds that have been ground into a fine powder.
How to make a chaffle?
To make a chaffle you will need a good waffle iron. I really like this one. It's the VillaWare Belgian Waffle Maker. I’m a huge fan of Alton Brown and I have this same waffle iron he uses on his show. I looked to see if this particular brand was sold on Amazon and it is not, unfortunately. If you are looking to purchase a waffle maker, I have some listed below with links to Amazon. I’ve been using it for a long time now and I love it.
Step 1: Preheat your waffle maker if it requires preheating.
Step 2: Whisk together the egg, cheddar, and almond flour, in a bowl until well combined.
Step 3: Spray the waffle maker with cooking spray and pour the chaffle batter on top of the waffle maker. Close and let the waffle for 3 to 4 minutes. My waffle maker has it’s own automatic timer setting.
Take the waffle out of the waffle iron and enjoy.
Variations for Chaffles
- Pizza chaffle - add pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni
- Breakfast chaffle - fry an egg, add cheese, and bacon to make a sandwich
- Taco Chaffle - add ground beef, cheese, tomatoes, and lettuce on top
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
What can you serve with a chaffle?
On the keto recipes subreddit, I’ve seen people serve this with sausage gravy that looked like absolute heaven. You can use the recipe as a bun for burgers, pizza, make a breakfast sandwich you name it. You can do so many things with this recipe and I plan on making some more.
Everyone, I'm completely obsessed with the chaffle! There are so many things you can make with it. I decided every time I make something new with it., I'll take a picture of it and post it here with a short description of what I did to make it. 🙂
Tips for Chaffles
Remember this is just a base recipe. You can leave out any ingredient you want or sub in different kinds of cheese. Mozzarella works as well. If you have a dairy allergy try using a dairy-free cheese such as Daiya.
The whole recipe makes 1 chaffle.
To freeze chaffles, let them cool completely before storing them in the freezer. Can be made ahead of time for meal prep. Store them in airtight containers to have throughout the week.
Looking for a Waffle Iron? Try one of these.
If you tried this Keto Chaffle Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Keto chaffles are the latest new craze! The whole recipe is only 3 net carbs total.
- 1 large egg
- ½ c. Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons of almond flour
- Preheat your waffle maker (regular size) if it requires preheating. If you have a mini waffle iron it will make two waffles.
- Whisk together the egg, cheddar, and almond flour in a bowl until well combined.
- Spray the waffle maker with cooking spray and pour the chaffle batter on top of the waffle maker. Close and let the waffle cook for 3 to 4 minutes. My waffle maker has it’s own automatic timer setting.
- Take the waffle out of the waffle iron and enjoy.
If you try this recipe leave a review and rating down below. I really appreciate it!
Recipe makes 2 mini chaffles or 1 large chaffle. Depending on what size waffle iron you have.
- Category: Keto
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 chaffle
- Calories: 372
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 23g