These adorable mini fruit pizzas are made with sugar cookie dough and they get filled with a flavorful cheesecake filling that is also easy to customize. Decorate the fruit pizzas with cut-up fruit or anything you can find that is patriotic for a special Holiday occasion or for the 4th of July weekend.
Simply line the edges of a mini muffin tin with sugar cookie dough and bake them in the oven. Leave enough space to fill them with cream cheese frosting and top them off with fresh berries or any kind of fruit. So easy and delicious to make!
Why You Will Like This Recipe
Mini fruit pizzas are a fun and delicious dessert that you can easily make at home. To start, you'll need to gather some ingredients such as sugar cookie dough, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and fresh fruit of your choice.
Not only are mini fruit pizzas a delicious dessert, they are also a fun and colorful way to get a serving of fruit in your diet. They are perfect for parties or a sweet treat after dinner. Enjoy!
What Ingredients do I need?
- Sugar cookie dough is a versatile and delicious treat that can be used for a variety of baked goods. The dough can be chilled and rolled out for cut-out cookies, or scooped and baked into round cookies.
- Cream cheese - I like to use Reduced-Fat Cheese because it has a lower calorie count and less saturated fat than regular cheese, but it may also have a different taste and texture. It also helps with keeping the calorie count pretty low for this recipe.
- Cool Whip - A frozen whipped topping that is found in the freezer section of the grocery store. I like it a lot because I’m lazy and don’t like beating heavy cream to making whipped cream. 😉
- Powdered sugar - for sweetness
- Mixed Berries - blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries. Diced into smaller pieces to fit on top of the cup
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to make Cookie Fruit Cups
Preheat oven to 350.
Take about a ½ inch sized cookie dough ball and press them into every one of the muffin tin cups.
Bake at 350 for 7 minutes.
While the cookie dough is baking mix the frosting. In a bowl combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cool whip with a mixer. Fill the frosting into a piping bag and cut the bottom where the tip goes with a scissors.
Let the cookie dough cups cool.
Once the cookie dough cups have cooled, fill the cups with the cream cheese mixture. Top with blueberries and cut strawberries.
Serving size: 1 fruit pizza
Mini Fruit Pizzas Variations
Mini fruit pizzas are a delicious and fun dessert that can be customized in a variety of ways. Here are a few variations to try:
- Chocolate and Strawberry: Start with a chocolate cookie base, then spread a layer of cream cheese frosting on top. Arrange sliced strawberries on top of the frosting, and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Tropical: Use a sugar cookie base, and top with a layer of whipped cream. Add sliced kiwi, pineapple, mango, and shredded coconut on top for a refreshing tropical twist.
- Berry Blast: Begin with a graham cracker base, then add a layer of vanilla pudding. Top with a mixture of sliced berries, like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
- Nutty: Use a shortbread cookie base, and top with a layer of almond-flavored cream cheese frosting. Add sliced bananas and a sprinkle of chopped nuts, like almonds or pecans.
- Lemon-Lime: Start with a sugar cookie base, then add a layer of lemon curd. Top with sliced kiwi and a sprinkle of lime zest for a tangy treat.
Other Recipes to Try
If you tried this Mini Patriotic Fruit Cups any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
These adorable mini fruit pizzas are made with sugar cookie dough and they get filled with a flavorful cheesecake filling that is also easy to customize.
- 1 16oz package of refrigerated or store bought cookie dough
- 8oz package low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 8oz container light cool whip, whipped topping
- Sliced strawberries and Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Take about a ½ inch sized cookie dough ball and press them into every one of the muffin tin cups.
- Bake at 350 for 7 minutes.
- While the cookie dough is baking mix the the frosting. In a bowl combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cool whip with a mixer. Fill the frosting into a piping bag and cut the bottom where the tip goes with a scissors.
- Let the cookie dough cups cool.
- Once the cookie dough cups have cooled, fill the cups with the cream cheese mixture. Top with blueberries and cut strawberries.
- Serving size: 1 fruit pizza
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 fruit pizza
- Calories: 92
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: mini fruit pizzas