Popcorn has been my go-to snack lately and it was time to change it up a bit. I thought about trying this recipe in the slow cooker, but why? All you do is basically melt some butter in the microwave and mix in the spices. Why on Earth would you ever want to put it in your slow cooker? The chex mix cereal would get soggy I think. This Party Chex Mix takes no time to make at all. Mix everything into a bowl, melt the butter and mix the spices and voila. Instant Party Chex mix. Now, I got to stop myself from eating it all!
If you're looking for a snack to make on your weight loss journey give this party Chex mix a try. It makes a lot so I would suggest portioning them into small snack bags for portion control. When you want a snack during the week all you need to do is take it out when you're snack attack hits. Want to change up the recipe a bit? I have more variations on ways you can make it below.
Party Chex Mix Variations
- Some other options instead of having all Chex Mix cereal in here is adding pretzels and cheerios. Do 3 cups of Rice Chex, 1 cup of Cheerios and 8 oz of mini pretzels or pretzel sticks. The total would be 5 smart points per serving using mini pretzels and only 3 points using pretzel sticks.
- Cheese Its + Oyster Pretzels + Pretzels + Ranch Seasoning Packet
- Rice Chex + Wheat Chex + Pretzels + Peanuts + Cheeze Its + Buffalo Wing Sauce
The base for this recipe is 8 points but if you sub out the peanuts with lower point snack foods and change up the Chex Mix cereal then you can definitely lower the points for this recipe.
Other Recipes to Try
If you’ve tried this Party Chex Mix recipe or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to share on PinterestPrint
- 3 cup(s) Chex gluten free corn cereal
- 3 cup(s) General Mills Rice Chex®
- 3 cup(s) General Mills Wheat chex®
- 1 cup(s) mixed salted dry roasted nuts
- 6 Tbsp light butter
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 oz Chex Mix seasoning packet
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Melt butter -mix all seasoning with butter -place dry ingredients in bowl -pour butter mixture over cereal -mix well -Place in microwave uncovered 5-6 mins stirring every 2 mins -spread on paper towels to dry.
- Serving Size: ½ cup.
myWW points: Blue 5; Green 5; Purple : 5
My WW Personal Points: 5 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 3.07
- Sodium: 233
- Fat: 13.84
- Saturated Fat: 2.713
- Carbohydrates: 21.52
- Fiber: 3.4
- Protein: 3.42