I was trying to think of ways I could get more people to come to my website this weekend. Then, I realized that there’s hardly any breakfast recipes on this site and in the morning I rarely get a lot of traffic. Most of my site traffic comes at night when everyone is home and that makes sense. What type of recipes do people search for in the mornings? Probably breakfast ones, so I”ll be adding more breakfast recipes on this site. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Also thought about trying different Ethnic recipes, chocolate covered crickets, and adding random curse words to my blog. Like these mother bleeping scones are the bleeping best. Not sure what my readers would think of that. 🙂
These scones are the bleeping best! The dough was a bit sticky to work with, but make sure you flour the surface and the top of the scones when you roll them out. I just kept on adding the milk in the food processor until the dough came together. Used some fresh blueberries. This is a good scone recipe considering the fact that it is a Weight Watcher Recipe. It calls for only 2 tablespoons of butter where as a normal scone recipe calls for about a stick of butter. Add in whatever fresh fruit you like!
Weight Watcher’s Blueberry Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2 Tbsp regular butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup of fresh bllueberries
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix in butter until mixture is size of fine crumbs. Stir in buttermilk and then stir in berries.
- Shape dough into two 7-inch circles on prepared baking sheet. Cut each circle into 6 wedges and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until cooked through and golden, about 20 minutes. Yields one wedge per serving.
Points Plus: 3
Smart Points: 6
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 121
- Fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrates: 22.1g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 2.9g
I am not affiliated with WW formerly known as Weight Watchers in any way. I am just a member who likes to create WW recipes and share them with everyone. Freestyle is the name of the current program of WW and smart points are calculated for the recipes. Some blogs list them as freestyle smart points and some list them as smart points. There is no difference between the 2.