Last night was very productive. I made cinnamon rolls and got the database that I created to successfully display on my server for my homework assignment. I'm working on a form that allows a user to submit info, and that gets stored into a database. A lot of that probably doesn't make sense to you, but you do it every day when you're online. Submitting your info to order pizza online. Pizza Hut receives that in order for you to get pizza delivered to your house. That is kind of almost the same sort of coding that I am doing. It was a good night. Or should I say a sweet good night? I was up until about 10:30 and that is usually late for me. That is also considered partying in our house. Anything past 9:30pm that is. I'm an early riser and got up at 7:10 this morning to roll out my cinnamon rolls.
So, today, I am doing laundry and working on my homework assignment. Trying to stay within the number of daily points. This week is going to be hard because we have our big pot luck at work. I'll be eating a lot of egg and hash brown stacks this week. 🙂
Oh yah, and these cinnamon rolls? They're 5 points apiece which is what I normally try and eat around breakfast time. Have some fruit with them. The pomegranates were just for decorations since there were some leftovers from my salad. You can leave those out.Print
Oh yah, and these cinnamon rolls? They're 5 points apiece which is what I normally try and eat around breakfast time. Have some fruit with them.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
- 1 ½ cups plain fat free Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 bottle of Butter Spray (20 sprays)
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 5 sprays cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour and 2 tablespoon powdered sugar in a large bowl. Set aside. Whisk together 1½ cups yogurt, 1 tablespoon vanilla, and egg in a medium bowl. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture; stir well with a wooden spoon until just combined. Then keep mixing dough in the bowl with your hands until smooth (about 2 minutes of kneading). If the dough is too sticky to knead, add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until no longer sticky.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper on a work surface and sprinkle with a little flour. Place dough on parchment paper. Sprinkle extra flour over the rolling pin, and roll into a 12 x 9–inch rectangle.
- Spritz the dough evenly with Butter Spray.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon, all the way to the edges. Starting with a long edge, roll up dough tightly (use parchment paper to help roll up the dough) to form a 12-inch-long roll.
- Cut roll into 12 (1-inch) slices. Arrange dough slices in an 11 x 7–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake until lightly browned, 22 to 25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before topping with glaze.
- Combine remaining ½ cup powdered sugar, remaining 2 tablespoon yogurt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon vanilla, stirring until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cinnamon rolls. Serve warm.
- Serving size: 1 cinnamon roll, 5 points
myWW points: Blue:5; Green 5; Purple 5
My WW Personal Points: 5 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
Greek Yogurt with self-rising flour can be really tricky to work with. If the dough is sticky add some more flour to the surface or rolling pin.
- Category: Medium
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 234
- Sugar: 39.6
- Fat: 6.8
- Fiber: 1.1
- Protein: 3.8
Keywords: cinnamon rolls weight watchers