Anybody else looking forward to the Fall season? I know I am. It's almost soup season again, and I thought I'd kick start it a bit by posting this tortilla soup recipe.
Since the Zero Point Cabbage Soup recipe was doing so well, I thought I would post another variation of the famous Zero Point Soup. Well,it's more like 2 Smart Points per serving, but still who doesn't love Tortilla Soup? Since this soup is so low in points you can top it with your favorite Tortilla soup toppings such as cheese, chicken or some tortilla chips for an easy and low point lunch. Just remember to count the points though.
This soup is only 51 calories per serving, can you believe that? Hello Fall soups here I come!Print
Weight Watchers Zero Point Tortilla Soup
- Yield: 9 1x
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 3 -4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 4 tablespoons fat free sour cream or greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons flour, to thicken (I only use 1 because I don't like thick soup)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked)
- Simmer onions, garlic, green onions, peppers, and celery in a pan until tender. Add in chicken broth, (reserve 4 tablespoons of chicken broth for later), salsa, and diced tomatoes. Then add in the spices. Whisk the flour and reserved chicken broth in a bowl and add that to the pot with the chicken. Let that simmer until soup is thickened.
Garnish with cheese, tortilla chips, etc. (optional)
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Smart Points: 1
My WW Personal Points: 1 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
Points Plus: 0
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 4.4
- Fat: .4
- Carbohydrates: 10.8
- Fiber: 2.1
- Protein: 2.1
Keywords: zero point tortilla soup
I made this today for lunch! I followed the easy instructions and it came out perfect & delicious!! I also didn't use all the flour - thanks for the tip!
It does says 'put all ingredients in pot' so I assumed they wall went in. And if the sour cream is supposed to be a garnish, and it says 4tbsp, does that mean this i supposed to be 4 servings? I got 8 2-cup containers out of this recipe.
I put the sour cream right in the soup, and I threw everything right in the crock pot. I did add 2 chicken breasts, which I took out and shredded once it was all cooked, and put it back in the soup. It wasn't clear whether the cilantro and sour cream were garnish, or ingredients in the soup, so I just threw everything in. The recipe definitely needs to be more clear, as well as listing serving size.