It’s been quite awhile since I’ve made anything with buffalo chicken. A really long time! And… it’s the weekend. Tomorrow, I am going to my FIRST Frozen themed birthday party and I must say, that I am pretty excited to go. I haven’t even seen the movie yet, but just by surfing through Pinterest I know who the characters are. 🙂
If you cook the chicken in a slow cooker all day long these buffalo chicken taquitos come together pretty fast. Other options are to have a chicken already cooked in t he fridge, a rotisserie chicken, or even canned chicken works with this. Add the warm chicken in a bowl with cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and stir. Stuff the chicken in a flour tortilla and bake them in the oven. I used the broiler to get them a little extra crispy on top. Then start dipping. Finger food is perfect for game day. It’s a lot like buffalo chicken dip wrapped inside a tortilla.
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- ⅛ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 12 small flour tortillas (low carb)
- Fat free Ranch Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese and buffalo sauce until well combined.
- Stir in chicken until well combined.
- Place 2-3 Tablespoons of mixture spread into a thin line onto center of flour tortilla.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and repeat for remaining taquitos.
- Once taquitos are arranged on cookie sheet, lightly spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until taquitos are golden brown.
I sprayed the tortillas with cooking spray and baked in a 375 degree oven. Then I turned the oven on to broil to brown them a bit. Also left out blue cheese dressing in the taquitos and used reduced fat ranch for dipping.
Use a low carb tortilla for these.
1 whole taquito is 4 points. The picture shows them cut in half.
Try these other Taquito recipes out!