Move over tailgating recipes. This recipe for Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is going to be your new favorite recipe to make for game day. It’s even healthy too! The chicken is full of protein and you can top it with your favorite veggies like tomatoes or lettuce leaves and serve it over a whole wheat bun. Guaranteed to keep you full while watching the big game!
It’s called “crack chicken” because you won’t be able to stop eating it and all it has is 3 easy ingredients! Chicken, Ranch seasoning and cream cheese. When I come back from shopping after work, my house smelled pretty amazing.
There is also a recipe for crack dip out there that looks really good and I plan on making that soon. It’s the same concept as this but it’s just something you serve with chips. 🙂 Crack is good.
If your chicken comes out too runny add in 1 to 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and let it simmer until it gets thick.
Adding water is optional since the slow cooker produces that on it’s own.
You can make this in your Instant Pot. Set the cook time for 20 minutes.Print
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (8 oz) blocks fat free cream cheese
- 2 (1 oz) packets dry Ranch seasoning
- 8 oz bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine place chicken, cream cheese, and Ranch seasoning.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
- Once chicken shreds stir with a large fork or spoon, so the chicken shreds and all the ingredients combine.
- Add in crumbled bacon and stir to incorporate.
- Serve warm.
Makes 8 servings (divide into 8 equal portions)
2 Smart Points per serving
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Protein: 32
Recipe from Cookies and Cups