This Homemade Ranch Dressing recipe starts off with some dry ranch seasoning mix. It is a versatile and delicious blend of herbs and spices that can be used to enhance the flavor of a wide variety of dishes. Whether you are making a dip, seasoning chicken, or adding flavor to roasted vegetables, this mix is a must-have in any pantry.
Dry ranch seasoning mix is a versatile and delicious blend of herbs and spices that can be used to enhance the flavor of a wide variety of dishes. Whether you are making a dip, seasoning chicken, or adding flavor to roasted vegetables, this mix is a must-have in any pantry.
You can take this mix and turn it into Homemade Ranch Dressing to be used on anything you like.
I love the dry ranch seasoning packet mixes at the store. They are so convenient and I wanted to make them myself at home. That’s probably what the major Ranch dressing companies like Kraft do anyway right? They have a container of the dry ingredients on hand and mix it with all the wet ingredients, then package them up.
Ingredients for Ranch Dressing
- Milk - I used unsweetened almond milk to keep the points low but any type of milk will work. Just adjust the points in the recipe builder.
- Greek Yogurt - Non-Fat, plain
- Mayonnaise - Low Fat or reduced fat
- Dry Buttermilk - can be found next to the powdered milk usually in the baking aisle
- Dried parsley Parsley is a type of herb that is commonly used as a garnish or seasoning in various dishes. It has a bright green color and a mild, slightly bitter taste. Parsley is a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as minerals such as potassium and iron.
- Dill is known for its distinctive flavor, which is somewhat tangy and reminiscent of licorice
- Dried chives are a versatile and flavorful herb that can be used in a variety of dishes. Chives are a member of the onion family and have a mild, onion-like flavor. When dried, chives can be stored for a long time and still retain their flavor.Garlic powder is made from dehydrated garlic cloves and like the chili powder above it gets pulverized into a powder or flour consistency.
- Onion powder is dehydrated, ground onion that is commonly used as a seasoning. Some people do not like the taste of freshly chopped onion so onion powder is a great substitute if you have a picky eater like that in your house.
- Salt and Black pepper
How to Make Homemade Ranch Dressing
Dry Seasoning Mix: In a medium bowl, whisk all dry ingredients to combine. Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator or pantry.
In a large bowl, combine the milk, yogurt, and mayonnaise. Whisk to combine then add in 1 oz or 2 tablespoons of the dry ranch powder mix. Whisk again until the seasonings and dressing are well combined.
Store in air tight container and serve with whatever you use to dip ranch in.
How Can I use Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix?
Make a double batch of the dry ranch seasoning mix and save it for later uses! If you are looking for ways to use dry ranch seasoning mix in your cooking, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Season chicken breasts with dry ranch seasoning mix before grilling or baking. The seasoning will infuse the chicken with a delicious flavor that pairs well with a variety of sides.
- Mix dry ranch seasoning mix with Cottage Cheese or Greek yogurt or sour cream to create a delicious dip for vegetables, chips, or crackers. This is a great option for parties or gatherings, and it is much healthier than store-bought dips. Try this Cottage Cheese Ranch Dip.
- Sprinkle dry ranch seasoning mix over roasted vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, or carrots. The seasoning will add a burst of flavor to the vegetables and make them even more delicious.
- Use dry ranch seasoning mix to season homemade popcorn. This is a great way to add some flavor to a healthy snack, and it is much healthier than butter or other toppings.
- Mix dry ranch seasoning mix with olive oil to create a tasty marinade for steak, pork, or chicken. The seasoning will infuse the meat with flavor and make it tender and juicy.
Dry ranch seasoning mix is a flavorful blend of herbs and spices that is commonly used to make the popular ranch dressing. The mix typically includes a combination of dried herbs such as parsley, dill, chives, and sometimes thyme or tarragon. Garlic powder and onion powder are also often added for extra flavor.
Other Weight Watcher Recipes to Try
If you tried this Homemade Ranch Dressing any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediaries
This ranch dressing recipe needed a serious makeover and the last one the spices weren’t right at all.
- ½ reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup 1% milk or unsweetened almond milk
- Dry Seasonings
- ½ cup dry buttermilk powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon freeze dried chives
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ ground black pepper
- Dry Seasoning Mix: In a medium bowl, whisk all dry seasoning ingredients to combine. Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store it in the pantry.
- To make the ranch dressing: In a large bowl, combine the milk, yogurt, and mayonnaise. Whisk to combine then add in 1 oz or 2 tablespoons of the dry ranch powder mix. Whisk again until the seasonings and dressing are well combined.
- Store in air tight container and serve with whatever you use to dip ranch in.
- Makes 2 cups, serving size 2 oz. (¼ cup)
WW Points: 1 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 oz
- Calories: 89
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: homemade ranch dressing