This ranch dressing recipe needed a serious makeover and the last one the spices weren’t right at all. I think this recipe is 10 times better than the previous one. If you are coming from Pinterest please note that this recipe has been updated and any comments below that mention ingredients not in the recipe card will be wrong. Thanks!
I love the dry ranch seasoning packet mixes at the store. They are so convenient and I wanted to make them myself at home. That’s probably what the major Ranch dressing companies like Kraft do anyway right? They have a container of the dry ingredients on hand and mix it with all the wet ingredients, then package them up.
Anyways, I hope you like this recipe better than my last one. It uses dry buttermilk powder to give it that same taste and the points aren’t bad for 2 oz of dressing.
How to Make Homemade Ranch Dressing
For the full recipe, please see the recipe card below.
Dry Seasoning Mix: In a medium bowl, whisk all dry ingredients to combine. Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator or pantry.
In a large bowl, combine the milk, yogurt, and mayonnaise. Whisk to combine then add in 1 oz or 2 tablespoons of the dry ranch powder mix. Whisk again until the seasonings and dressing are well combined.
Store in air tight container and serve with whatever you use to dip ranch in.
Ingredients for Ranch Dressing
- Milk – I used unsweetened almond milk to keep the points low but any type of milk will work. Just adjust the points in the recipe builder.
- Greek Yogurt – Non-Fat, plain
- Mayonnaise – Low Fat
- Dry Buttermilk – can be found next to the powdered milk usually in the baking aisle
- Dry Seasonings – I like to use dried seasonings versus fresh herbs in Ranch dressing because you can store the powder mix in an airtight container longer.
- Parsley, Dried Chives, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Onion Powder,salt and black pepper to taste
Other Weight Watcher Recipes to Try
If you’ve tried this Homemade Ranch Dressing or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to share on Pinterest or Instagram! Make sure to tag me in the photo.
- 1/2 reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup 1% milk or unsweetened almond milk
- Dry Seasonings
- 1/2 cup dry buttermilk powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon freeze dried chives
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 ground black pepper
- Dry Seasoning Mix: In a medium bowl, whisk all dry seasoning ingredients to combine. Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store it in the pantry.
- To make the ranch dressing: In a large bowl, combine the milk, yogurt, and mayonnaise. Whisk to combine then add in 1 oz or 2 tablespoons of the dry ranch powder mix. Whisk again until the seasonings and dressing are well combined.
- Store in air tight container and serve with whatever you use to dip ranch in.
- Makes 2 cups, serving size 2 oz.
myWW points: Blue 1; Green 2; Purple 1
Points were calculated using the WW recipe builder and not the Nutrition Info.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 oz
- Calories: 89
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: homemade ranch dressing