Move over tailgating recipes. This recipe for Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is going to be your new favorite recipe to make for game day. It’s even healthy too! The chicken is full of protein and you can top it with your favorite veggies like tomatoes or lettuce leaves and serve it over a whole wheat bun. Guaranteed to keep you full while watching the big game!
It’s called “crack chicken” because you won’t be able to stop eating it and all it has is 3 easy ingredients! Chicken, Ranch seasoning and cream cheese. When I come back from shopping after work, my house smelled pretty amazing.
There is also a recipe for crack dip out there that looks really good and I plan on making that soon. It’s the same concept as this but it’s just something you serve with chips. 🙂 Crack is good.
Instant Pot Crack Chicken
Yes, set the cook time for 20 minutes.
Keto Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
This recipe definitely can be low carb if you don’t use a bun! The base recipe is already low carb and keto-friendly. If you are on keto I would add some more fat by adding in a couple of tablespoons of butter with the cream cheese (use full-fat cream cheese instead).
Why isn’t there any liquid added to the recipe?
There are 2 ways to make this recipe and the way listed below is the normal way. Some people are worried that there isn’t enough liquid in the crock pot to produce a sauce but it does. You can add 1/2 cup of water to the recipe. If your chicken is too soupy, you can add in 2 teaspoons of corn starch to thicken that up and to let that simmer again. Again, Adding water is optional since the slow cooker produces that on its own.
Recipe recently updated below. 9/10/2019 Now includes Instant Pot instructions.
If you don’t know how many pounds of chicken you have it is best to figure out using a food scale. 2 pounds of chicken with the other ingredients below makes the perfect crack chicken! 🙂Print
Move over tailgating recipes. This recipe for Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is going to be your new favorite recipe to make for game day.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 oz) blocks fat free cream cheese
- 1 (1 oz) packets dry Ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup of water
- 8 oz bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled (optional)
- In a slow cooker, place the chicken breasts on the bottom and then the brick of cream cheese on top of the chicken. Sprinkle the Ranch seasoning packet over the cream cheese and chicken. Add 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
- Once chicken shreds stir with a large fork or spoon, so the chicken shreds and all the ingredients combine.
- Add in crumbled bacon and stir to incorporate.
- Serve warm.
- For Instant Pot: place all 4 ingredients in your Instant Pot and set the pressure cook time to 15 minutes. Do a quick release.
- Makes 8 servings, serving size about 3/4 cup.
myWW points: Blue 4; Green 6; Purple 4 (just chicken recipe)
Buns: Use the scanner app to find low point bun options in your area (it is located in the WW app on your phone). I do not include the points for buns in the recipe because points will vary depending on which brand you choose.
Make it low carb and skip the bun!
Optional: add cheese on top of the chicken.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 33g
Keywords: crack chicken, crack chicken, instant pot
I am not affiliated with WW formerly known as Weight Watchers in any way. I am just a member who likes to create WW recipes and share them with everyone. Freestyle is the name of the current program of WW and smart points are calculated for the recipes. Some blogs list them as freestyle smart points and some list them as smart points. There is no difference between the 2.
Recipe from Cookies and Cups