Move over tailgating recipes. This recipe for Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is going to be your new favorite recipe to make for game day. It's even healthy too! The chicken is full of protein and you can top it with your favorite veggies like tomatoes or lettuce leaves and serve it over a whole wheat bun. Guaranteed to keep you full while watching the big game!
What is Crack Chicken?
It's called "crack chicken" because it's so addicting you won't be able to stop eating it and all it has is 3 easy ingredients! Chicken, Ranch seasoning and cream cheese. When I come back from shopping after work, my house smelled pretty amazing.
There is also a recipe for crack dip out there that looks really good and I plan on making that soon. It's the same concept as this but it's just something you serve with chips. 🙂 Crack is good
Ingredients for Crack Chicken
- Boneless chicken breasts, thawed - They’re lean and quick-cooking and always come out juicy and tender. Use an instant-read thermometer to make sure that the chicken is not over cooked. When reading labels for chicken breasts try to find ones that say Organic or Free Range.
- Blocks fat free cream cheese - or regular cream cheese if not following a specific diet
- Packets dry Ranch seasoning
- 8 oz bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled (optional)
- Extra toppings: cheddar cheese, parsley, green onions or chives for garnish
How to Make Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
In a slow cooker, place the chicken breasts on the bottom and then the brick of cream cheese on top of the chicken. Sprinkle the Ranch seasoning packet over the cream cheese and chicken.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
Once the chicken shreds stir with a large fork or spoon, so the chicken shreds and all the ingredients combine.
If the sauce is too thick you can add some water to thin it out. The chicken should produce some water during the cooking process.
Add in crumbled bacon and cheese on top.
This recipe definitely can be low carb or made Keto if you don't use a bun! The base recipe is already low carb and keto-friendly. If you are on keto I would add some more fat by adding in a couple of tablespoons of butter with the cream cheese (use full-fat cream cheese instead).
Makes 8 servings, serving size about ¾ cup.
Best Crock Pot Tips
One benefit of using a slow cooker is that it saves time and effort. You can add all of your ingredients to the pot, set the temperature, and let the slow cooker do the rest. Go to work and come home to a great meal!
When choosing a slow cooker think of the size of your family first. Do you have a large family of 6 or more? You probably want a larger crockpot that is 7 qt or more. For smaller families that are 4 or less choose a 4 qt slow cooker and just adjust the recipe ingredients in half. No need to change the cooking times.
Yes, you can I have a recipe for a dry ranch seasoning mix recipe here that doesn't have a lot of sodium in it. Ranch seasoning usually consists of garlic powder, onion powder, and dried dill.
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container before putting it in the freezer or fridge.
Elite Gourmet - Electric oval slow cooker has adjustable temps and can make anything from entrees, sauces, stews & dips. Plus it’s dishwasher safe. This one also comes in a 4 quart size!
For Instant Pot: place all 4 ingredients in your Instant Pot and set the pressure cook time to 15 minutes. Do a quick release.
Other Recipes to Try
If you tried this Slow Cooker Crack Chicken or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Move over tailgating recipes. This recipe for Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is going to be your new favorite recipe to make for game day.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 oz) blocks fat free cream cheese
- 1 (1 oz) packets dry Ranch seasoning
- Extra toppings: melted cheese or pickles
- 8 oz bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled (optional)
- In a slow cooker, place the chicken breasts on the bottom and then the brick of cream cheese on top of the chicken. Sprinkle the Ranch seasoning packet over the cream cheese and chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
- Once chicken shreds stir with a large fork or spoon, so the chicken shreds and all the ingredients combine.
- Add in crumbled bacon and stir to incorporate.
- Serve warm.
- For Instant Pot: place all 4 ingredients in your Instant Pot and set the pressure cook time to 15 minutes. Do a quick release.
- Makes 8 servings, serving size about ¾ cup.
My WW Personal Points: 3 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
Use the scanner app to find low-point bun options in your area. Not included in the nutrition info.
Make it low carb and skip the bun!
Optional: add cheese on top of the chicken.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 33g
Keywords: crack chicken, crack chicken, instant pot
Disclaimer: Do not use the nutrition info calculator to figure out points for this because it will be wrong. It has the chicken included in the nutrition info and will make the points much higher than what the recipe builder states.